Custom Kydex Holsters

longslide10

Saw these at a local gun show. They are well designed and made with excellent retention and choice of colors.

Link Removed

Give me good old cowhide leather. I have some friends that use kydex holsters and it is wearing the finish off their guns. No thanks.

Link Removed
Best of both worlds. Leather lined kydex hybrid with a suede backing on the skin side for comfort. Very comfortable, stumbled across this while looking for a holster for my first 1911.

As a IWB holster, kydex can be hot in the summer, as it is virtually non-porous, causing sweating. And some times they make "creeking" or rattling noise from belt or other things rubbing it. People know you are either carrying or need a lube job. LOL

Kydex is hard. I swear it pushes against skin harder than gun steel does. A leather holster is way more comfortable imho. Hybrid holsters are still not as comfortable as all leather. For a belt, i can get good use from leather or oil base products, as long as they are premium gun belts with layers and liners for stiffness.

I have a belt that I still use, that I bought at Walmart about 10 years ago. It is 1 1/2 inches wide and has a double row of holes with a 2 prong buckle. I used it every day. The ones they sell now are made of heavy cowhide, but looks like made of come composite material to look like leather. I paid $14.00 for mine. Price still same but belt is junk. I bought another belt at Wilson's Leather store and it was $30.00, thinner leather and still not as good at the old Walmart belt. I use a Pro-Carry, Deep Comfort IWB from The Holster Store that I bought 3 years ago and love it. All made of Leather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back