CT Resident

lessthan0

Bulldog Pride
I live in CT on the border of MA. I have a CT CCW. The problem I have is the business I own is on the other side of that little piece of MA that hangs down into CT. The easyest way for me to go to work is to drive through Southwick, MA. , And I often go into MA for work. What are the chances of them giving me a unrestricted permit based on this?

Any input would help.

I live in MA. I seriopusly doubt you'll get an unrestricted non resident LTC Class A in MA. You have to take a class & get a certificate from the clss certified by the MA State Police. Then you have to apply with the state. Non Res licenses are only good for 1 calendar year and are $100 per year. I've heard that Mass Firearms School, which does the class, helps student thru with non res licenses.

I live in CT on the border of MA. I have a CT CCW. The problem I have is the business I own is on the other side of that little piece of MA that hangs down into CT. The easyest way for me to go to work is to drive through Southwick, MA. , And I often go into MA for work. What are the chances of them giving me a unrestricted permit based on this?

Any input would help.

Howdy neighbor! I live in Westfield and work in Southwick quite frequently! Although I doubt they would issue a non-restricted permit to a non-resident, go to the Westfield Police Station (turn left as soon as you enter the bldg) and ask the woman there. I forget her name but she issues all permits, etc..

Any input would help.

I disagree with the other replies. You shouldn't have a problem getting a unrestricted LTC-A. Historically even in RED towns (ones that don't like to give out unrestriced permits) Owning a business and carrying business money almost always gets you the permit. Let alone the fact that Southwick and surrounding towns are all GREEN (WILL give an unrestricted permit). If your business in actually in MA then you can apply for your permit directly with that towns PD, which is nice because non-residents usually have to go down to Chelsea and deal with the FRB directly. MA isn't really as bad as people think it is for getting unrestricted permits. People in red towns will disagree of course. Up until a couple years ago it was standard to give all non-residents unrestriced permits (when the State Police were doing them). The FRB is a little more of a pain. But for the most part, green towns are shall issue. You have a legit reason to request your permit (not that you should have too) so I wouldn't worry about it.

snatale42- If he just said he lives in CT, doesn't that make him a non-res., or did he say something in code that I missed?

snatale42- If he just said he lives in CT, doesn't that make him a non-res., or did he say something in code that I missed?

Unless it's changed since the FRB started doing the non-res apps in place of the staties, people that owned businesses could apply directly to the PD where they owned the business the way residents do. Pretty sure that's still the case. I know when my buddy (non-res with business in MA) applied he applied directly to the town. Same thing goes for residents that own businesses in a town other than were you live you could apply to either, although now that I think about it, MAY get an employment restriction doing that.

Alright, let me see if I understand what you're saying.....
I live in Salem NH and my small business is in Methuen, MA, if I wanted a Non-Res. LTC I would go see the Methuen police chief instead of going to Chelsea for my Non-Res.? Also, as far as Restricted or not would depend on what type business it is also, right?
Others please chime in too.....
thnx ahead of time...
Unless it's changed since the FRB started doing the non-res apps in place of the staties, people that owned businesses could apply directly to the PD where they owned the business the way residents do. Pretty sure that's still the case. I know when my buddy (non-res with business in MA) applied he applied directly to the town. Same thing goes for residents that own businesses in a town other than were you live you could apply to either, although now that I think about it, MAY get an employment restriction doing that.

Alright, let me see if I understand what you're saying.....
I live in Salem NH and my small business is in Methuen, MA, if I wanted a Non-Res. LTC I would go see the Methuen police chief instead of going to Chelsea for my Non-Res.? Also, as far as Restricted or not would depend on what type business it is also, right?
Others please chime in too.....
thnx ahead of time...

I would call the FRB and ask. Business owner used to (and may still) be able to apply to the town they owned the business in. People who use Business/Money for a reason almost always get the permit. BUT it's always a possibility you'd have an Employment restriction in that case. Like everything else with MA LTC's It's all up to the guy processing it. I got a buddy who was a moron and put a security job for his reason and BANG! Employment restriction. I honestly think it's just easier to do it the ol' fashioned way. Just options. Plenty of Non-Res's get unrestricted permits. Many who get T&H'd are able to get it removed on renewal. Now that I'm a non-res myself I just can't justify going back every year to renew, although I'm in MA all the time, it would be on the FRB's schedule which sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back