Cross Creek Mall Conceal Carry Question

Timothy Bryant

Avoidinyew
I recall back when I was taking my concealed carry course my instructor informed us that Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, NC had up "Weapons Not Allowed" signs. He then went on further to explain, however, that these signs were not posted on all entrances into the store (some of the anchor stores have no such signs) and insinuated that the signs didn't abide to law and as such you could fight it in court if you were to face legal issues. Since then I have personally observed the absence of said signs as he described but am still not so sure as to my legal standing if I were to carry. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, the signs are mostly hidden and not on stores like JC Penneys. I think that Rule #14 says no weapons on mall property, which would even include Firestone. (been away from Bragg for many years but was back last year because my grandson is in the eighty-deuce)

If you are a soldier, IMO Fayetteville police and most rent-a-cops there have never really cared for soldiers. (even though many rent-a-cops are ex-soldiers) Is it actually worth having to go thru the hassle of explaining to your commander why you have to go to court?

If you aren't a soldier, or even if you are, is it worth the hassle at all when you can CC and not be harrassed?

try asking your question at Link Removed .. i am sure there are a few members from that area .. they would be up on what is happening now days ..

SB

fstroupe:312373 said:
If you aren't a soldier, or even if you are, is it worth the hassle at all when you can CC and not be harrassed?

Hiding your firearm and acting like there is no problem because you aren't being hassled, doesn't mean the problem actually goes away. Not saying you should OC, but to confront the problem, and if there is no solution on their end, there is no point in spending money in their kill box unless absolutely needed. Then its up to you whether or not you want to go against the property owners wishes and conceal anyways, just know the consequences and problems that exist.

just remember when you 'speak' with your actions, you 'speak' for the CCW community as a whole. you get respect by showing respect.

Hiding your firearm and acting like there is no problem because you aren't being hassled, doesn't mean the problem actually goes away. Not saying you should OC, but to confront the problem, and if there is no solution on their end, there is no point in spending money in their kill box unless absolutely needed. Then its up to you whether or not you want to go against the property owners wishes and conceal anyways, just know the consequences and problems that exist.
I agree fully. And it's pretty unlikely that there is anything in CC Mall that can't be found elsewhere in town.

A short surf finds multiple instances of OC'ers being asked to leave, both by Mall Security and Cumberland County SO, the first thread I hit was NCGunOwners.com. Other nearby malls (Raleigh and Concord) are similar, the malls themselves post signs but the individual stores don't. NC law says the signs must be "conspicuous", which of course stupidly leaves it up to someone else to interpret. And also up for interpretation is the question of what part of the property "the Mall" actually controls....just the food court and common areas, or each individual rented property too?

"The Mall" sells nothing...they only rent property. They lose nothing by banning weapons. Unless it is a corporate policy, the individual store managers probably will not post signs. They generally have too much to worry about to even think about someone walking around with a visible gun.

There has always been a fair amount of parking lot crime there. Didn't really worry much about it 25 years ago because I never went there at night.

If I HAD to go there....i.e. my wife tells me "we ARE going to the mall", I would CC to avoid hassle from two places that hassle would be pretty much guaranteed to come from.:unsure:

I have lived in Fayetteville for over 20 years now, and I might have visited the CC Mall maybe 20 times in those 20 years. Why would you want to support a business if they choose to hang a picture of a gun with a slashed red circle on their door?

I have lived in Fayetteville for over 20 years now, and I might have visited the CC Mall maybe 20 times in those 20 years. Why would you want to support a business if they choose to hang a picture of a gun with a slashed red circle on their door?
I'm in the same boat as you and, honestly, I rarely go out their myself but their are times that I can't avoid it (get dragged there by my wife). I fully believe in not spending money with businesses that choose to deny me my Second Amendment rights, however. I noticed a sign prohibiting firearms and knives from Carlie C's IGA down the road from my house about 3 months ago for instance and have not been back since. If you're going to tell me I can't protect myself you should at least make an effort to provide security for your establishment - especially when you're located in a seedier part of town.

You could ask your question at the mall business office?
And at the police substation there. I should think they would have a good insight on CC in the mall and "mall property.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back