Costco vote on "Stand your ground" laws

Classic case of "objective" journalism... :sarcastic:

The vote isn't going so well for them either.

Possibly not the results Mr. Brown was expecting. Currently 215 in favor of stand your ground laws and 7 against.

Are "stand-your-ground" laws a good idea?
Yes 240 Votes 96.8%
No 8 Votes 3.2%
Total Votes 248 Votes

I voted YES. :biggrin:

You would be a complete 'tard if being a member here or another gun forum and vote no. Shoopee and AutisM come to mind here.

Btw how many of you believe the real reason for SYG law is to negate any civil law suits after a justified shooting?

Costco is having a survey? You mean the big box store Costco?

What the heck does Costco care about SYG laws? Or am I confused?

Post entry:

I went to the link Bigcarlover provided (thank you sir!) and read the brief article. Obviously Mr Brown has no clear understanding of the SYG law and from the tone of his contribution and the organization he is involved with, I would wager a guess that he is adamantly opposed to guns and the RTKBA.

Morning all,

My 'Yes' vote added one more to the list which now stands at:

Yes 460 94.7%
No 26 5.3%

Total: 486 votes.

My Costco in CO doesn't have any signs. Further, I've copied a response from another forum here that is from Costco regarding firearms, originally posted by Providence Ranch:

<Begin Letter>
Ok, here's the letter, in it's entirety (names changed to protect the...me!)...

"Dear Providence Ranch,

I am responding to your September 21, 2011 letter to Costco's corporate office.

We are a private membership club, and have the right to make rules that we deem to be in the best interests of our members. We do not believe that it is necessary for our members to carry weapons while shopping with us. On the other hand, we fully understand that members like you may either be off-duty law enforcement officers or have valid permits to carry concealed weapons, and so long as they remain concealed while shopping, would never become an issue. In other words, none of our employees or your fellow shoppers would be aware of the weapon, and therefore you would not be asked to remove it from the building.

Where we have had serious issues in the past is with members who have openly brandished their weapons in a manner that makes other shoppers uncomfortable. It puts us in the position of mediating between a member who claims the right to carry a weapon, and a member who claims to have the right to shop without being intimidated by the presence of firearms. Our decision has been to prohibit the carrying of weapons in all of our locations around the world. The vast majority of our members appreciate this policy. Those who continue to shop while carrying a permitted concealed weapon do not cause a problem for our members or staff because thier weapons are concealed, and their rights never come into question. It seems to work for most people.

Providence Ranch, I trust this letter addresses your concerns."

Ok, so to begin with, don't you just LOVE their use of the word 'brandishing' to describe open carry? Anyway, I am very thankful for what appears to be a personal response, rather than a form letter. I am also thankful that they are apparently cool with those of us who carry concealed continuing to do so, despite the fact that their policy expressly forbids it. I am not sure they are aware that in some states, failure to adhere to this policy is a violation of law, and thereby their policy DOES bring a person's rights into question. Anyway, I'm certain that the more discerning of this forum's readers can identify any of several other issues.

So have at it. What are your thoughts?
<End Letter>

The link to the page with the letter is here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/busi...nt/19978-costco-has-no-firearms-policy-3.html

brandishing

Morning all,

My 'Yes' vote added one more to the list which now stands at:

Yes 460 94.7%
No 26 5.3%

Total: 486 votes.

My Costco in CO doesn't have any signs. Further, I've copied a response from another forum here that is from Costco regarding firearms, originally posted by Providence Ranch:

<Begin Letter>
Ok, here's the letter, in it's entirety (names changed to protect the...me!)...

"Dear Providence Ranch,

I am responding to your September 21, 2011 letter to Costco's corporate office.

We are a private membership club, and have the right to make rules that we deem to be in the best interests of our members. We do not believe that it is necessary for our members to carry weapons while shopping with us. On the other hand, we fully understand that members like you may either be off-duty law enforcement officers or have valid permits to carry concealed weapons, and so long as they remain concealed while shopping, would never become an issue. In other words, none of our employees or your fellow shoppers would be aware of the weapon, and therefore you would not be asked to remove it from the building.

Where we have had serious issues in the past is with members who have openly brandished their weapons in a manner that makes other shoppers uncomfortable. It puts us in the position of mediating between a member who claims the right to carry a weapon, and a member who claims to have the right to shop without being intimidated by the presence of firearms. Our decision has been to prohibit the carrying of weapons in all of our locations around the world. The vast majority of our members appreciate this policy. Those who continue to shop while carrying a permitted concealed weapon do not cause a problem for our members or staff because thier weapons are concealed, and their rights never come into question. It seems to work for most people.

Providence Ranch, I trust this letter addresses your concerns."

Ok, so to begin with, don't you just LOVE their use of the word 'brandishing' to describe open carry? Anyway, I am very thankful for what appears to be a personal response, rather than a form letter. I am also thankful that they are apparently cool with those of us who carry concealed continuing to do so, despite the fact that their policy expressly forbids it. I am not sure they are aware that in some states, failure to adhere to this policy is a violation of law, and thereby their policy DOES bring a person's rights into question. Anyway, I'm certain that the more discerning of this forum's readers can identify any of several other issues.

So have at it. What are your thoughts?
<End Letter>

The link to the page with the letter is here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/busi...nt/19978-costco-has-no-firearms-policy-3.html

Windrider,
Do you think he or she were forced to buy from them at gun point?!!j/k:jester::sarcastic:

Costco is a truly left-wing anti-gun organization. Good to see the vote is 93 / 7 against them. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back