Cop who was texting and driving won't be charged for killing Napster COO.

That sucks. So long as they are not accountable for their mistakes, they have no reason not to be reckless. I also hate when they shoot a bystander and charge a suspect with that... The more I see this sort of mass immunity, the less I want to do with them.

Lawsuit coming. Can't absolve one's self of liability. There's a lower standard of proof in a civil action.

Lawsuit coming. Can't absolve one's self of liability. There's a lower standard of proof in a civil action.

Lawsuits, lawsuits, and more lawsuits... this the only recourse that is left to the public (who of course is paying for it anyway) to rectify the misdeeds of so called public servants. Included in this group of habitual malefactors are: DA/Prosecutors, Judges, Unions, and the "Thin Blue Line". As long as the police have immunity to virtually all transgressions they're going to continue down this path of insouciance and brutality when confronting the public. "To Serve and Protect" has been defenestrated, replaced by "We'll Neglect and Endanger". I'm certainly of the mind that implicit to those that oversee and investigate the cops, "bad things happen to those that step out of line", so things had best go the way we dictate. For citizens to be placed in a situation where they are tyrannized by their so-call protectors, the only recourse is a civil suit, low probability of punishment for the offender, and where taxpayers are picking up the tab anyway is an unenviable position indeed. And, in most instances I'm quite certain that most families would rather have their loved one(s) and not the money.

Lawsuits, lawsuits, and more lawsuits... this the only recourse that is left to the public (who of course is paying for it anyway) to rectify the misdeeds of so called public servants.
If the victim were Black, the cop and his supporters would be calling it the "ghetto lottery", as they often do when somebody Black or Hispanic sues them for their acts of misconduct.

This is a supreme fustercluck of justice. Unbelievable. Beyond words.

It's no wonder that the public trough despises police officers. Most are good, but the bad ones are gaining quickly.

There was a time when the police motto "To Protect and Serve" was true. This was when there were beat cops who walked the street and everyone in the neighborhood knew them by their first name. When the city/town officials put the beat cop into patrol cars, so they could patrol a wider area, people did not know their police. Then the "officials" realized that the police could increase the city/town/state revenue in their coffers, was when the police motto changed. Now their motto should be "Revenue Raisers"!

As a side line LEO's do carry chalk and tape to outline the body from a crime!

This cop needs to be fired, and charged with wreckless driving and vehicular homicide. The type of job you have should in no way make you exempt from murder or any other crime you might have committed. It is now a proven fact for everyone to see, that a cop can commit a capital crime and then hide behind his badge to get away with it.

LOL, this crap has been going on since there have been police depts., beating the crap out of somebody for information, friendly fire, planted evidence, and until recently god help you if you tried to report it, I'm not saying all cops or departments are bad, but this has, does, and will continue to go on......and I could be wrong, but I do believe being 60+ years old and open carrying has kept me out of more ****** than is has caused when dealing with police

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back