Concelaed Carry for fat guys..

Similar physiology myself. I've wondered if there is a combination cellphone case/IWB holster that serves both purposes and completely hides a compact pistol?

As a new CCW holder here in Florida and also being somewhat on the large size 6'5" @ 250lbs I found this thread to be very helpful. Thanks everyone maybe now maybe I can find the correct holster for my PX4 .45

Ditto to this helpful thread. As someone new to cc, it's been intimidating to learn how to effectively conceal yet still quickly get at the weapon.

Payday is coming up; I just might try this. If it doesn't work, what is one more holster in the spare parts drawer? I didn't like how it seemed to take a bit longer to draw the weapon in the video, but the deep conceal, the freeing up of my front pocket for other things like keys and cash, etc., and the fact it works for a big guy all appeal to me. I'll post up my experience after I get one.

I've never had a failure with my LCP of any kind. It feels like a toy sometimes, but it's truly a marvel of engineering in my opinion. I bought an extra mag and carry it in my pocket as well. Even the extra mag disappears in your pocket. The long double action trigger pull allows you to carry it chambered confidently as well, but is not so long or heavy that makes you worry about fast follow up accuracy. Can you tell I like mine? 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you like the LCP. I've been looking into a few options for a carry pistol... LCP, LC9, XDS9. I'm not rolling in cash so I'm not going to have the option for an endless array of pistols in my collection... I'm probably not the only one suffering from that.. lol

You have the same problem 99% of all us fat guys, concealing and wearing it all day, for me my 24/7 gun is a Taurus TCP, in my right frt pocket 24/7, for the main gun for years I tried about every IWB holster made, I have a duffle bag full, some had good promise but after two or three days in the duffle it went, then maybe a year or so ago I had enough and started to open carry, and have since, there were other reasons, now I carry one of my Glocks or compact 1911s on my right hip, anywhere I can, but I see in Indiana you may have a tough time doing that,

I'm in Illinois actually... way worse... they just passed concealed carry and it seems that there are more places you can't carry than where you can. The only reason it was passed was because the ban was struck down by the courts. Most of the politicians from Shitcago and Crooked (Cook) County pushed for all sorts of restrictions. Hopefully those will loosen. I've been thinking about IWB and ankle holsters... also about some sort of lockbox for the vehicle.

I am a big guy who wears his pants up and around his gut (actual waist) and not down and under the gut (false waist). I wear a 3-Speed as a deep concealment holster. It works great. But if you wear your pants under your gut, it won't work.

I guess many men who should wear 48" x 32" pants can wear 36" x 30" if they wear their pants under their gut. It makes them feel not as fat. I guess.

Hey, pdukick I got my ccw permit about 15 years ago in TN. and at the time the only place I could carry was in my car. Now I can carry in the smokie mountian park and resterants and in any parking lot in the state including schools and hospitals. I know how frustating it is to have a permit and still not be able to carry anywhere. I hope Illinois will learn from TN.

I'm in Illinois actually... way worse... they just passed concealed carry and it seems that there are more places you can't carry than where you can. The only reason it was passed was because the ban was struck down by the courts. Most of the politicians from Shitcago and Crooked (Cook) County pushed for all sorts of restrictions. Hopefully those will loosen. I've been thinking about IWB and ankle holsters... also about some sort of lockbox for the vehicle.

Its seems like 100 years since I have been in that part of the country, it was 1973 visited a aunt and uncle in Portage, guns have come a long way since then

I just bought a Springfield XDS 9mm and I have checked out several holsters but haven't found one I have fallen in love with yet. Has anyone else purchased this gun and found a great holster?

I'm a big guy.
6'4" 290lbs.
I've been carrying my Kahr CW45 in a Kohlster IWB at 4 o'clock. It's not bad as long as I'm wearing the right jeans. But the end of the grip does tend to print a bit.

I carry my XDs 9 in an Old Faithful IWB at 6 oclock . Right hand holster, had to learn to draw left handed sence my stroke. Find its easy to forget its there. 8 oclock works just not as comfortable for me.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back