Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices

Where legal, always carry, never tell. I have carried while making those visits, but some planning as to what you'll carry and where/how, if you have choices, may make it both easier to conceal your carry and more comfortable to do so. Flat on one's back for a long dental procedure is not really comfortable, and a double-stack .45 in the wrong location could make it downright painful. There are places (such as MRI) where NO metal is wanted & that needs to be planned ahead of time ("Oh, I was so concerned about the MRI that I forgot to feed my guard gerbil in the truck. I'll just be a minute").

As much as possible, I do "doctor-shop" and "hospital-shop", just like I do other businesses, to see if any have posted "no guns" signs that have the force of law. Those that do post are not my primary choice if/when I need something.

Every time I've been to the Doc I've carried but it's been in a coat or vest pocket so they never know but one time when I went to the emergency room due to a kidney stone and had my 45 in my coat (heavy riding leather) and not expecting to but I was admitted and had to strip so all my belongings were put on a chair then a nurse came in and had to borrow the chair for another patient's family member so she picked up my clothes and said "my that's a very heavy jacket whatcha hidin in there a gun or something" and I said "or something" and she winked and said "not to worry I won't say a word, I carry too". I wonder how it would've turned out if she would've been one of those paranoid anti-gunners.

An MRI is much more fun. I carried to the hospital to get my MRI. Simply locked the gun up in the locker with the rest of my clothes, only for the duration of the actual MRI.
Can you imagine the fun you'd have with it in the MRI? That thing would be all over the place. As far as the doctor's office, depends on the doctor. There are restrictions on carrying into buildings where mental health issues are handled even if you are not the one going in for that reason.

I have a number of patients that carry, if I'm going to do something and the gun is in the way they just put in on the table. Not a problem.

I've noticed some recent posts suggesting that people might be hesitant to carry to doctor or dentist appointments, and I'm wondering why. It's never become an issue for me, and I am regularly in the dentist chair. My dentist knows I carry, and has no issue with it. I have even gone to the doctor for minor surgery, and after disrobing told the nurses and doctor that I am a CCW holder, and my weapon is holstered and safe under my stack of clothes. They just shrugged and said, "Oh, that's fine. Thank you." And I live in Cal-LEFT-fornia!

So you're telling us that you left a firearm unsecured while you were having surgery?

When I visited my dentist yesterday, he asked if I had gotten my new gun yet. We had talked about it about a year ago. I said yes; he leaned over and asked it I had it with me. We went to his office for him to take a look at it (safely). Came out to annoyed assistant trying to keep him on schedule.

If we had a Dentist Interaction thread, this would go in it.

It's a moot point here, since damned near everything medical in the Cleveland area is Cleveland Clinic, and EVERY Clinic facility I've ever been in was posted.

No matter where you live, going to a doctor's office carrying can be a bad deal for you. What if the doctor asks you to take off your shirt of strip down to your birthday suit?

In some states it has been reported that doctors can ask if there is a gun in your house and make a record of it. But, to actually carry into a doctor's office? I don't think so.

I have carried to a dentist office before as I had other places to go, but mostly I lock it in my truck.

I carry when I go to the Doctor or Dentist. But when I took my mother to the er they made me take my gun to the car. This is the first time I have ran it to this in my area. But they make the rules and we have to follow. But my Dr and Dentist know that I carry when I come and they have never had a problem with it. Thank goodness or I will change providers.

Funny how the term "Liberal" means many different things to many different people. To me it means "Cult", "Theives" "Getting something for nothing, from someone elses sweat" "Counting someone elses money because their a lazy as to work. "electing officils to steal from the producers because they don't have the testicles to do it themselves".

One thing is for sure, if I were Liberal(cult Member),I would be hiding in shame. I don't mean you Ed, I'm just saying about the other guy.

Apropos of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back