Concealed Carry Shirts

FIT-NC

Anyone have any experience using / wearing any of the myriad of concealment shirts available out there? Looking for some decent reviews if y'all have had any experience with them.

Dan

FIT-NC

I've got quite a bit of experience with the 5.11 Tactical concealment shirt. It's the best one out there, in my opinion. Just be sure the gun you're trying to conceal in it is slim, or you're wearing a shirt 3 sizes too big. It was designed for smaller guns. It's not meant to replace a full size shoulder holster. You're really going to feel the weight there. Anyway, just my two cents.

Anyone have any experience using / wearing any of the myriad of concealment shirts available out there? Looking for some decent reviews if y'all have had any experience with them.

Dan

FIT-NC

Do you mean the ones with the holster built in the purpose designed ones? I use this 5.11 Concealment shirt at work and I'm not that impressed. If I wasn't issued it I certainly wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it.

http://www.511tactical.com/covert-shirt-classic.html

I have use the undershirt type and they do work , but get one size smaller than you normally wear that way you won't "droop" . put you shirt one and out you go ........................................................

Link Removed. Use it during the summer and it works just fine with either my CZ RAMI or Kel-Tec PF9. Not worth a hill of beans for a full-sized .45 (or full-sized anything else I would imagine). The RAMI is heavy enough to cause a little sag, but it's not so much that it would be noticeable to anyone not looking for signs of someone wearing a gun under their clothes. I like it because it's made well enough to last three or four years (I'm ~one year into my second one), the first one I got for $19.95 plus $5 each for the two holsters/pockets I bought to go with it (neither of which had to be replaced when I replaced the shirt), and it provides for carrying an extra mag. I have written asking them to make a two-mag carrier with no luck so far, but it's still an inexpensive way to find out whether you like the system or not. The first shirt was on sale where I bought it. I think MSRP is $29.95, but I went back to the same place I bought the first one and got the second one for $24.95, so basically around $5 to $10 bucks a year is what you can expect to spend if you keep using the system.

The only knock I can really give to Packin' Tees is that they're pretty hot (even though they're sleeveless) because there's reinforcements built into the areas that carry the weight of the weapon, and when you add a cover garment on top of it, it can get pretty moist in there right under your armpits. I haven't decided yet if I'll keep on using one for a BUG as I've taken to open carrying full-time now. I probably won't wear it anymore on the really hot days, but otherwise, I wear one whenever I leave the house.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back