Concealed Carry Permit Confiscated

"The police are not the same as when I was growing up. They are much more confrontational then they used to be. "

What he said.

Howdy,

Being polite and civil to LEOs can be beneficial at times.

About 10 years ago I had a "parking lot rage" incident with a man that ended up with the other guy getting slapped around a little.

Someone called the cops and when they showed up the patrol sarge was on first name bases with the other guy.

I was thinking to myself "I'm going to jail."

Coo told both of us to stand in front of our trucks with our hands on top of our heads.

When I talked to the cop it was "Yes Sir." And "No Sir.". The other guy's every other word was four letters.

Arkansas is a "must inform" state so I told him I had a CCW permit and a Glock 20 10mm in the front passenger seat of my truck ( I had been to the gym and was wearing gym shorts.).

Cop asked the other guy if I had pulled any type of weapon on him and he said no. Actually he said something like "If he had pulled a knife or a bat on me I would have stuck it up his azz!"

Cop looked at me and I said "Sir, I don't need a weapon against someone like him."

Anywho........ To make a long story short guy that showed a little respect to the cop ( me ) got to go home and the other guy got to ride in the back seat of a patrol car,

Maybe, just maybe, in some cases sugar works better that battery acid.

Paul

P.S. Yes, cops are, on a whole, different today than they were 30 years.

P.S. Yes, cops are, on a whole, different today than they were 30 years.

It used to be that a peace officer would look for reasons to let you go. Now it seems like cops look more for reasons to arrest you or issue a citation, whether or not an actual law was violated. And yes, I do consider there to be a difference between a peace officer and a cop.

Hi all,

First timer here and I am trying to get some information concerning an incident with the local sheriff's department in West Virginia. I had a fender bender last month where I hit a utility pole with the front corner of my vehicle in a parking lot. I backed off the pole, investigated the damage, and talked to a couple of bystanders about whether or not they thought I need to call the police because there was no damage to the utility pole. I agreed with the guys I talked to that I also didn't think there was a need to call. I forgot my phone at the house so I walked about 1000 feet back home.

I called my insurance company, reported it, and had a rental in less than 30 minutes. The State Police came to my door and was very polite and asked me to go back to my truck to give an accident report. When we got there a couple minutes later, the local sheriff's department was on scene. To say the least and to spare all the details, they were just rude and disrespectful. I told the officer, "you get what you give". He detained me in handcuffs for 1.5 hours and told me that I wasn't going to get a ticket but now I'm getting two because of my mouth. Now I was not rude, over-bearing, or abrasive to them in any way. He was on a power trip in front of two other officers, which is why I think he did it.

Anyway, he took my concealed carry permit because of the tickets he gave me and because I was now being charged with a misdemeanor. After he found out I was a former military EOD tech and a disabled veteran, he changed his tone and was real nice. But after 1.5 hours, he let me go and I walked back to the house...

I would like to get any thoughts or legal recourse I may have against the sheriff's department, and whether or not I will get my permit back after my court date next month.

thanks in advance...

Retired Vet
You have no recourse.

Watch your mouth. Watch where you're driving. Keep your phone on you. Always make a police report of an accident.

You are wrong on everything here.

An LEO should be trained and capable of diffusing emotions rather than inflaming them. Most LEO's I have observed lack that training or if they got the training, lack those skills.

An LEO should be able to calm a situation even when a person involved in an event is insulting his mother with profanity. If he can't control his reactions, then he shouldn't be an LEO.

I had a fender bender last month where I hit a utility pole with the front corner of my vehicle in a parking lot.

I've backed into poles that I didn't see with my truck in reverse before, but never hit one going forward... Just curious- did a pretty girl walk by to distract you or what ?

If it's just me and a pole in a parking lot and the pole isn't hurt , I just drive away. My old truck has enough dings and dents on it that another one won't hurt.

An LEO should be trained and capable of diffusing emotions rather than inflaming them. Most LEO's I have observed lack that training or if they got the training, lack those skills.

An LEO should be able to calm a situation even when a person involved in an event is insulting his mother with profanity. If he can't control his reactions, then he shouldn't be an LEO.

nogods finally said something I can agree with.

Ya know, if the Police EVER take anything from you, MAKE THEM GIVE YOU A RECEIPT. The receipt should indicate time date location, full description of the item, serial number and officers signature and ID number (lot of badges don't have numbers that mean anything). If they fail to do so when you are released, go to the Dept. Internal Affairs and demand a report be taken for theft of property. You won't make friends (especially in small towns and rural areas) but you will get your point across. Just holding it for a short time during the stop is OK (like your ID, registration, etc.), but property not immediately returned, they are fair game. Also a short note to the local press/media will really stir thing up.

Depending on what state you are in. Your CCW permit can be pulled by the Arresting Officer let's say for DUI/APC while carrying your firearm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

State of Oklahoma. You have completed a class a Misdemeanor. Drinking while concealing a firearm within the SDA act, will have your card quickly pulled and sent to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Your "privilege " MAY, which at least they didn't use the word SHALL, be revoked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back