Concealed Carry License = Gun Confiscation ?

Bill R.

I have an expired concealed carry license that I wish to renew. The current political climate looks like any official information on record will lead to police at your door ready to confiscate your lawfully purchased property without due cause. What is the current thinking on this subject?
Thanks;
Bill R.

I think your over reacting a little. Renew your permit and carry on, its not worth worrying about something that hasn`t happened yet. If it does happen, give them the bullets first.

When Ohio first allowed CCW, I didn't get my permit for this very reason. I didn't want to be in a government database of gun owners to be targeted later. The better part of a decade later, I changed my mind. I went ahead and obtained my Ohio CHL.

My decision to do so was based on this: My wife and I had a toddler and another baby on the way. Being a new dad, I realized that worrying about something that may or may not happen in the future was not worth putting my safety or my families safety at risk today.

A few other things that I considered...

I don't believe that many states make you specify which gun you plan to carry. For instance, in Ohio, we have no restrictions on how many different handguns we can carry. Furthermore, we do not have to provide any list of guns that we intend to carry to the state. Therefore, the CCW/CHL list does not provide any information about which guns should be confiscated in the event that the government ever tries to use the lists for that purpose.

In addition, holding a CCW/CHL does not necessarily mean that one owns a gun at all. Many people these days obtain their CCW/CHL using instructor provided guns in the required training class before they every buy their first gun. It is entirely possible that some of these people will never own a gun or carry.

-SF

Just because you have a CCL/CWP doesn't mean you have a gun. I had people in my CWP class that did not own weapons at the time and had to rent them in order to complete the shooting portion.

I guess it depends on where you live. Here in Georgia, I'm not too worried about anyone coming for me, especially since our sheriff published an op-ed in the local paper saying he wasn't planning on enforcing any unconstitutional anti-gun laws that may come from Washington DC. I agree with Ghost Rider, in that I think you should just get it renewed, but if you're located deep in the heart of Libtardia, make sure whatever you own conforms to their laws before you pop your head up. If you're not familiar with how the "system" in DC rolled Mark Witaschek because he owned some muzze loader bullets, you might want to Google him or check this out: MILLER: Exclusive ? Shock verdict ? Mark Witaschek guilty of possessing muzzleloader bullets in D.C. - Washington Times

As an example, I had my Indiana carry permit for 12 years before buying my first handgun. Besides, you go thru a federal background check when you buy a gun. If registry were to occur, that would be the time to do it.

Howdy,

I think you need to upgrade from tinfoil to lead foil. It will provide better protection.

Paul

I wouldn't worry about it, but if you're so worried just get a cheap "decoy" handgun that you can hand over just in case it ever comes down to that. If any gun grabbers come knocking on my door I'd happily hand over my cheap little Hi-Point so that they can mark me off the list.

I've been thinking about getting a CCW here in FL, for at least a couple of years, but I've been told to do so I would be giving up all rights to search & seizure. I've been reading the discussion, and I am ready to get my CCW, but, man we've already sacrificed so many rights already! Am I being mislead? I'm a 54 yr. old widow who is an NRA Member and I do very much know how to shoot!

I have an expired concealed carry license that I wish to renew. The current political climate looks like any official information on record will lead to police at your door ready to confiscate your lawfully purchased property without due cause. What is the current thinking on this subject?
Thanks;
Bill R.
It would be somewhat helpful if we knew what state you're from since you chose not to provide that information in your profile.
If you have ever filled out a 4473 you are in a data base.
Not true.

Thanks;
Bill R.
My guess is that as dumb as they appear, they probably can figure out you already own a gun if you had a prior concealed license. The way I look at it is, knowing I own a gun is a lot different than trying to take it away from me. Anyone attempting this will get the lead first.

I've been thinking about getting a CCW here in FL, for at least a couple of years, but I've been told to do so I would be giving up all rights to search & seizure. I've been reading the discussion, and I am ready to get my CCW, but, man we've already sacrificed so many rights already! Am I being mislead? I'm a 54 yr. old widow who is an NRA Member and I do very much know how to shoot!

Ma'am, you give up no rights. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and get your permit before it's too late. I'd hate to hear you saying later "if I only had my license I could have prevented...................." The thugs are carrying, you should be too.

.38veryspecial, I want you to PM me or post on here when you get your license so we all can celebrate.

Ma'am, you give up no rights. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and get your permit before it's too late. I'd hate to hear you saying later "if I only had my license I could have prevented...................." The thugs are carrying, you should be too.

.38veryspecial, I want you to PM me or post on here when you get your license so we all can celebrate.

When you pay the government to get permission to carry you have lost your 2nd Amendment Right, and willfully made it a privilege.

It's too bad our country wasn't founded on celebrating more taxes, right? Instead they fought for freedom, what were they thinking?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Thank you very much Topgun 47. I have found being a widow that sometimes people can take greater advantage of you then they should, I may be mistaken that's just my opinion. Just for clarification I just want to let everybody know it's true, I haven't done my profile yet I haven't had time, I am on my way to go do it now, I live in Florida, thank you everybody for your input I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much Topgun 47. I have found being a widow that sometimes people can take greater advantage of you then they should, I may be mistaken that's just my opinion. Just for clarification I just want to let everybody know it's true, I haven't done my profile yet I haven't had time, I am on my way to go do it now, I live in Florida, thank you everybody for your input I greatly appreciate it.

I hope this is your promise to me that you'll get your permit. Promise? It's really way more important than updating your profile.

When you pay the government to get permission to carry you have lost your 2nd Amendment Right, and willfully made it a privilege.

It's too bad our country wasn't founded on celebrating more taxes, right? Instead they fought for freedom, what were they thinking?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I don't think anybody likes it anymore than you, but the fact remains, that if you want to "legally" carry, you have to play by their rules, until the rules are changed. (or until we take over)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back