Concealed Carry Laws could be changing here.

applessshch

The MI legislature will be discussing whether or not to let people with the extra training 9hours add'l to carry in places like schools, churches, sporting events. The local radio station has fast feed back and it's split just about like it is anywhere else. Some are so completely against it they have twisted it around royally and won't listen to reason, others have quoted things stated on here word for word. Valid points from all directions. Wonder what will happen. Will let anyone who wants to know what they decide.

Personal Note: I go tomorrow to get my first firearm of the short variety. Got my permit yesterday. A long time dream come true.

Are you telling me I can finally go to college? Holy ($:)/!!!!! Let this be true!!!! I live in Michigan! Keep me updated please.

Also congrats on getting your license! Dont screw up like I did and buy a cheapee for your first gun. I personally recommend glock! never ever ever failed me.

As a pastor living in Militiagan, I like the idea. Churches are known to be soft targets. Why should one have to surrender his right to defend himself and others at the door, especially in these crazy times in which we live?

The MI legislature will be discussing whether or not to let people with the extra training 9hours add'l to carry in places like schools, churches, sporting events. The local radio station has fast feed back and it's split just about like it is anywhere else. Some are so completely against it they have twisted it around royally and won't listen to reason, others have quoted things stated on here word for word. Valid points from all directions. Wonder what will happen. Will let anyone who wants to know what they decide.

Personal Note: I go tomorrow to get my first firearm of the short variety. Got my permit yesterday. A long time dream come true.

What radio station,what program? This is the 1st I have heard anything about it.

Churches and sport events are private property....shouldn't be laws prohibiting those locals anyway.

Are they going to go with a 2-tier permit system? Since MI honors all other states' permits, how do they determine who can and can't?

Churches and sport events are private property....shouldn't be laws prohibiting those locals anyway.

Are they going to go with a 2-tier permit system? Since MI honors all other states' permits, how do they determine who can and can't?
That's a good question since Michigan honors all permits. Would other States permits not be allowed in the Pistol Free Zones?

That's a good question since Michigan honors all permits. Would other States permits not be allowed in the Pistol Free Zones?

The way the bill is written, CPL holders will have to take the "OUTSIDE THE HOME" course and qualify with additional range time. Then that CPL holder would be given an EXEMPTION to carry in PFZ"S. Don't think out-of-staters would be able to carry.

The way the bill is written, CPL holders will have to take the "OUTSIDE THE HOME" course and qualify with additional range time. Then that CPL holder would be given an EXEMPTION to carry in PFZ"S. Don't think out-of-staters would be able to carry.
Wow. That just proves that when you try to make something idiot proof, the'll always build a better idiot.

Do you have the bill#? or refrence for this?

After reading the Floor Summary I was wondering if this is going to be Shall Issue or May Issue. It says:
Allow an applicant for a concealed pistol license (CPL) or a licensee who was a certified
firearms instructor or who completed additional training to seek an exemption from a
prohibition against carrying a concealed pistol on certain premises (no-carry zones).

The part about "seek an exemption" has me concerned.

According to the legal beagles on another forum, having completed the required training, would be all one has to do. Mi. being a shall issue state should answer that question. Any current CPL holder would have the opportunity to take the course, if they choose. All new CPL holders would have to take both courses to qualify.

According to the legal beagles on another forum, having completed the required training, would be all one has to do. Mi. being a shall issue state should answer that question. Any current CPL holder would have the opportunity to take the course, if they choose. All new CPL holders would have to take both courses to qualify.
That's certainly what I would hope, but with the way people pick over words in a law it wouldn't surprise me if someone interpreted it their own way. I would feel better if it was worded as shall issue rather than will be eligible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back