Concealed Carry IWB Holster

I have a High Noon Closing Argument for my G36 and G21. Top quality IWB leather.

Pants and comfort

I have one Galco IWB Holster. I don't use it because it is uncomfortable for me to wear. I have to buy my pants a size larger for it to work. Therefore its OWB holsters for me"!

Just a comment- Before I decided to go IWB, I went to Goodwill and Salvation Army and bought some jeans for about $5.00/pair. It was a very good cost for an experiment. Besides, I like my good jeans and don't want to ruin them doing yard work.
I have LOTS of IWB holsters, some of which are ok, and some are in my junk box. I ended up going with Crossbreed and/or Kholster, with my preference being Kholster.
Products
Try that- it has a satisfaction guarantee. Also, I bought another brand some years ago (now in my junk drawer)and the back of the holster still rubbed my skin raw. Try putting moleskin on the back of the holster (whichever you buy) if it rubs.
Lastly, CC is not always comfortable.

Crossbreed belt

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe with Crossbreed gun belt.

How do you like the Crossbreed belt?
I like my Blackhawk CQC carbon fiber belts with jeans, but they don't work with a suit and tie- and they all look very "well-loved". There used to be a leather belt with a metal or polymer stiffener inside. I can't find it again, which is why I ask the question 'how do you like it.
Nautica or J Crew (or someone like that) had a belt that had holes all around the belt, to accomodate my ever-changing waistline... Most belts don't stand a chance against my Springfield- they simply roll outward.
Who else has any ideas where I can get a top-of-the-line belt?
Thanks everyone!

I currently carry my Glock 26 in a Galco King Tuck....i love it...very confortably....almost forget that i have it on most of the time......but...that said.....i am thinking about getting a Glock 17 or 19 and may try a Crossbreed

How do you like the Crossbreed belt?
I like my Blackhawk CQC carbon fiber belts with jeans, but they don't work with a suit and tie- and they all look very "well-loved". There used to be a leather belt with a metal or polymer stiffener inside. I can't find it again, which is why I ask the question 'how do you like it.
Nautica or J Crew (or someone like that) had a belt that had holes all around the belt, to accomodate my ever-changing waistline... Most belts don't stand a chance against my Springfield- they simply roll outward.
Who else has any ideas where I can get a top-of-the-line belt?
Thanks everyone!

The Crossbreed belt is an excellent belt. With the 1-1/2" width, it works with pretty much anything I wear from informal to Suit. I've been wearing this belt for over a year and it shows no sign of wear, bending or losing shape.

I've got a Don Hume H715 IWB and a H721 OWB both great holsters, also waiting for my new Invisi-tuck IWB from American Holster Co, its just like the Crossbreed but all leather. Check it out:
Link Removed

Someone recently asked me why I don't like the cheap nylon, cheap leather/suede holsters. This is why: When you remove your gun from the holster, the nylon/suede will collapse with nothing to keep it 'open'. This is especially true with IWB carry. The pressure of your waist-band will cause the holster to collapse and it is difficult to re-holster without opening your belt and pants. As nylon/suede/leather get on with age, they become softer and softer and this becomes especially true.
guns: Leather Holster Safety Warning: Check your holster condition!
SAFETY WARNING! Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges!
Link Removed
Also, as long as I'm on my soap-box, when you carry a pocket gun (Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT/P-32, etc) in your front pocket, ALWAYS use a pocket holster that covers the trigger area. DON'T EVER put a pocket gun in the same pocket as any keys, change, pill bottles, or 'stuff' can get caught in the trigger and...you get the point. That guy is a friend of mine and a member of my gun club. The story makes me cringe!
Please read these articles and please don't make the same mistake.
I use a so called cheap holster if and when I need to pull my gun from it, it will stay out untill the threat has passed. As for discharges, that go's straight to individual responsiablity. Inspect your equipment prior to use. You check your vehicle out before a long trip, or daily quickly or weekly extensively, Not just for your safety but for others on the roadways with you in your privately owned property.

What is your favorite IWB holster for concealed carry? I use a Desantis Sof Tuk and I really like it but I want to explore some other options.

If you're happy w/ what you have then stay w/ that. That said, I'm happy w/ my Galco summer comfort holsters

re: cheap holsters and safety checks

I use a so called cheap holster if and when I need to pull my gun from it, it will stay out untill the threat has passed. As for discharges, that go's straight to individual responsiablity. Inspect your equipment prior to use. You check your vehicle out before a long trip, or daily quickly or weekly extensively, Not just for your safety but for others on the roadways with you in your privately owned property.

You and I are smart enough to check for safety, but there are far too many people who are NOT smart enough to check their stuff every time they strap up. Bonus points to you for checking.

The Crossbreed belt is an excellent belt. With the 1-1/2" width, it works with pretty much anything I wear from informal to Suit. I've been wearing this belt for over a year and it shows no sign of wear, bending or losing shape.

Does it have some sort of metal or polymer stiffener inside? What keeps it from rolling outwards? I have a double-thick leather belt, but then I can't attach my cell phone case, as the belt is too thick....

The Crossbreed belt is 3/8 inches thick. That's quite a bit thicker than a standard belt, though maybe not twice as thick. They now make both a 'standard' belt and a 'dress' belt, though their dress belt is very much a western style belt. It's very expensive too.

Does it have some sort of metal or polymer stiffener inside? What keeps it from rolling outwards? I have a double-thick leather belt, but then I can't attach my cell phone case, as the belt is too thick....

Here is a quote from the Crossbreed web site:
"Our belts are made of two layers of top grain cowhide. These two leathers are then stitched together, cross grain from each other, using recessed stitching to provide protection to the stitching from surface abrasions.
The finished belt is 1 1/2 inches wide and just under 1/4 inch thick."

It does not appear to have any synthetic or other material besides straight leather. They also have "Dress Belts", with fancier buckles and design.

See their website at: Crossbreed Holsters > Home

regarding cool belts

I have a regular leather belt with decorative holes all the way around it. The belt is made of really nice leather- I think I got it at a Wilson's outlet. I like the holes all the way around because I can wear the belt regardless of what my waist size is- my weight has been going up and down a LOT lately.
My point is this: Can anyone think of a material to use to line a belt in order to make one similar as a gun belt? I thought about using plumbers tape between two layers of leather. That would make the belt sturdy enough to wear for years without rolling outwards from the weight of the gun...
Anyone have any other ideas?

Try out the remora holster,it's extremely comfortable, can't beat the price,and also has a lifetime warranty. I love mine

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back