Conceal leather vest for bikers

harley57

Anyone wear a conceal leather vest? I wear my SA XD 40 SC on my belt when I ride but I am considering a vest. Anyone use a vest and how do you like it? Does it balance the weight well?

I've thought about the same thing and I think I posted about this a while ago. I moved to AZ since then and we can open carry here. Most guys I know hip carry and sometimes it's concealed, sometimes it isn't, depending on whether or not they have their jacket on. I've been thinking of a cross draw or may be doing a hip/side holster too.

I carry on my hip. As I've stated before, I carry the same way, the same place at all times. Muscle memory kicks in during a time of need and I don't want to be trying to remember how to remove my firearm from a new location.

I am not a big fan of anything in the pockets in the chest area while riding. In the event of a crash, last place I want the firearm is slamming into my chest and/or bouncing around. Feel confident my IWB will keep it secure at all times.

Just my humble opinion though.

The only thing I use the vest for is to cover the grip in my Inside the Waistband (IWB) holster. The weight makes the vest sag on one side, and the draw is more difficult. I agree the "muscle memory is important. Losing seconds when you need them while you search for your weapon isn't acceptable. I also agree that if I go down for some reason, I'd rather bruise my hip than damage ribs or sternum. I can survive a hip injury way easier than puncturing a lung or suffering heart damage!

My vote is for Coronado Leather products. I have one and I and I can tell you they're not inexpensive but they are high quality. The vests are made specifically for concealed carry and they do a great job of it. There are a number of styles available and are worth cheecking out Link Removed

This may or may not be what you are looking for, but check out Kakadu.
I was talking to one of the owners the other day and looking at their line of concealed carry clothing. Very well made and functional.
Link Removed

I'll add my two cents. I carried forever in a Coronado concealment vest. I carried Kahr P40's. If there was only one carried on in the left inner pocket, I was constantly pulling down on the right side to even it out. But my solution was to carry my second P40 in the right side. Definitely needs counter balance. Secondly, I had a motorcycle accident last October and came down on my left side. Broken rib right about where the gun would ride in the pocket. I believe my arm was along my side also, judging by the road rash, but don't remember feeling it there. I believe if the gun weren't there I wouldn't have broken the rib. Not faulting the vest, but I never thought of that and happily wore the vest and carried as designed. I don't how to avoid this happening. Any way something for you to consider. Be careful out there.

Info on Kakadu vests

Thank you for the kind mention. This is Brett from Kakadu. I can offer anyone interested in purchasing any of our apparel a special discount code for our website checkout that will save all usacarry members 25%. Please feel free to email me to obtain your code at [email protected]. Shipping is from Portland, OR.

This may or may not be what you are looking for, but check out Kakadu.
I was talking to one of the owners the other day and looking at their line of concealed carry clothing. Very well made and functional.
Link Removed

I have never worn one riding but I recently tried one on from concealedcarryoutfitters.com that is made from oilskin. It has dual cross draw holsters and an internal liner designed like a shoulder holster. With a full weight .45, there was no sag. I really liked it a lot. And it's water proof too.

Yes, I have one, feels good, secure, and nobody has ever had an idea I was carrying. I got mine from the NRA store, you can shop there online, and have several ones to choose from. I have the boars hide one, it even has a Velcro closure on the pocket for extra safety. NRAStore.com - Home Page
Steve

Well I pulled the trigger and bought a conceal carry leather vest off EBAY for $79 and like it alot. I carry 2 loaded mags in the opposite pocket to balance out the weight of my XD40. Works great, looks great and you cannot tell I'm carrying. For now I only use it when riding my Harley but may start wearing anytime.

Well I pulled the trigger and bought a conceal carry leather vest off EBAY for $79 and like it alot. I carry 2 loaded mags in the opposite pocket to balance out the weight of my XD40. Works great, looks great and you cannot tell I'm carrying. For now I only use it when riding my Harley but may start wearing anytime.

Do you have the link?

I really really like my San Diego Leather G1 jacket. Nice gun pocket - can be leather. Made in San Diego, not imported.

Link Removed

Got it without the badge holder and name tag. Offset the weight of the gun with extra ammo clips in the opposite outside pocket.

I have a few vests over the years and with both my Crossbreed holsters for 2 of my EDC depending on season. I came across a vest from Leather-up.com that fits the purpose of a vest for conceal carry when I go out Dinner. Carries my Ruger LCP nicely with 2 spare magazines in other side to balance outweight. Inside pockets have elastic to hold barrel in place and works well for left or right handed people. Coat was reasonable at $60 and good quality weighted leather.

Kakadu Vest Update

I called and they had the Kelly vest in the color and size I wanted so I picked it up at the store.
It looks great, feels comfortable with or without my G27 and gets a lot of compliments from people who have no idea what's in it (besides me).
To bad I missed out on the 25%, but I have no regrets.
I'll be headed back for the carry cargo shorts and cargo pants.

I guess I'm lucky I am in Portland.

Thank you for the kind mention. This is Brett from Kakadu. I can offer anyone interested in purchasing any of our apparel a special discount code for our website checkout that will save all usacarry members 25%. Please feel free to email me to obtain your code at [email protected]. Shipping is from Portland, OR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back