Coming to Big Sky Country

marionandjohn

Yup I'm that guy that will be visiting Y'all up there this summer paticularly Helena to see my mom and sister. I have a valid carry permit that is accepted in MT and have been trying to understand some of the laws. I have read that you cant CC in a bank or similar building or state federal buildings or the room or builiding serving alcohol under such and such license. My main question is does that mean I can OC in a restaraunt that serves alcohol or to a bank? How is OC looked upon (I know its legal but how are the norm/uneducated citizens) I will also be visiting Yellowstone and Glacier as well as a few other site seeing places (must do's) with the new federal law going into effect in Feb does that open those for carrying or are they already open for carring. I carry both ways but out in public I have been leaning more on the conceal/buldge carry. any other information that I can gather would be greatly appreciated including a range I could utilize or just an area to plink some rounds while I'm there. Thanks for all you help in advance and I'm sure I'll come up with a few more.

In Montana you can't carry a concealed weapon in a place where alcohol is sold, dispensed and consumed. As for OC'ing in a restaurant, it's legal to do but if you're asked to leave, you must abide by the request.
You're not allowed to CC in a bank or other financial institution according to State law. It doesn't say anything about OC'ing in such a place. According to the MT Attorney General's office you can 'theoretically' carry openly in there but the same thing goes, if you're asked to leave by the bank manager, you must do so!

Yup I'm that guy that will be visiting Y'all up there this summer paticularly Helena to see my mom and sister. I have a valid carry permit that is accepted in MT and have been trying to understand some of the laws. I have read that you cant CC in a bank or similar building or state federal buildings or the room or builiding serving alcohol under such and such license. My main question is does that mean I can OC in a restaraunt that serves alcohol or to a bank? How is OC looked upon (I know its legal but how are the norm/uneducated citizens) I will also be visiting Yellowstone and Glacier as well as a few other site seeing places (must do's) with the new federal law going into effect in Feb does that open those for carrying or are they already open for carring. I carry both ways but out in public I have been leaning more on the conceal/buldge carry. any other information that I can gather would be greatly appreciated including a range I could utilize or just an area to plink some rounds while I'm there. Thanks for all you help in advance and I'm sure I'll come up with a few more.
I know Whitefish has a range, but I don't know about their day-use policy or procedure. Whitefish is up in the area of Glacier National Park. The NRA web-site will allow you identify ranges by state and city and give you an address and telephone number. Enjoy your visit up in Montana. Be sure and check out the Bitterroot Valley. It is also a beautiful area of the state and there is a nice shooting range in Hamilton, Montana----The Whittecar Shooting Range which allow day use (I think you pay $5.00 per shooter).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back