colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie?

dmaxx3500

colarado has ccw,are the theaters off limits?

Aurora Colorado bans concealed carry, and the theater posts signs...good ol' gun control at work.
edit: further research shows concealed carry is not banned due to State preemption**

Colorado is a "shall issue" state. There are no city bans on concealed carry. The city of Denver does not allow open carry. The parent company of the theatre does not allow CCW.

Let's get off the kool aid guys. All that any of us CCWers could have done in a crowded theater full of tear gas, with people running all over, would have been shoot the poor members of the crowd that he missed! This is not an IPSC scenario, this is bedlam and more guns would not have mitigated anything. A situation like this would not even been helped by armed guards inside the theater. The carnage would still have occurred. He was wearing body armor and was moving and firing. This was a very tragic occurrence, but the fact is that the shooter was organized enough and hit fast and hard enough that nothing would have helped. I just wish the anti gun ground could put down their koolaid cup long enough to realize that none of their measures would have stopped this bedlam either.

According to Link Removed
edit: further research shows concealed carry is not banned due to State preemption**
1. Concealed Weapons Ordinances

A. Concealed Carry Bans

Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Englewood,

Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Northglenn, Pueblo, Thornton, Westminster,

Wheat Ridge

While a legal concealed carry citizen may have failed in an attempt to interrupt the massacre, the chance of it not occurring at all due to the worry of concealed carry citizens is certainly possible. And sorry but a lone gun man at the front of the theater back-lit by the screen would have made a pretty good target for armed response. With body armor a good hit is unlikely but it may have been enough to interrupt his actions.

Let's get off the kool aid guys. All that any of us CCWers could have done in a crowded theater full of tear gas, with people running all over, would have been shoot the poor members of the crowd that he missed! This is not an IPSC scenario, this is bedlam and more guns would not have mitigated anything. A situation like this would not even been helped by armed guards inside the theater. The carnage would still have occurred. He was wearing body armor and was moving and firing. This was a very tragic occurrence, but the fact is that the shooter was organized enough and hit fast and hard enough that nothing would have helped. I just wish the anti gun ground could put down their koolaid cup long enough to realize that none of their measures would have stopped this bedlam either.

If he hadn't decided to quit on his own for whatever reason, the gunman might well still be in there shooting at people. I'll take the kool aid, thanks.

Had I been at a theater, it would have been to take my young son. This is just the kind of movie we would typically go see. This just reinforces to me the need to carry.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Aurora Colorado bans concealed carry.

Colorado has State Preemption Aurora can't ban concealed carry the theater is posted but all they can do is ask you to leave.

You might want to have some idea of what you're talking about before you do

Link Removed

Hey guys! New member here. Been popping in from time to time but decided to register finally and speak up.

Anyways - I got to looking into the Denver municipal code and found this:

(f)
It shall not be an offense under 38-117(a) or 38-117(b) if:

(1)
The person, at the time of carrying the concealed weapon, holds a valid written permit to carry a concealed weapon issued pursuant to section 18-12-105.1, C.R.S., prior to its repeal, or, if the weapon involved was a handgun, holds a valid permit or a temporary emergency permit to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to state law and is otherwise carrying the handgun in conformance with any applicable state or local law;

The full page can be viewed at DIVISION 2. - WEAPONS AND MISSILES or go to Municode for the WHOLE thing.

I'm with him on this one. The guy was dressed for WWIII with tactical helmet, neck guard ballistic gloves and leggings, and a gas mask to boot. He was prepared and even If u were too, honest truth is he would have us all out gunned and out matched. Being there would I take a few shots? Hard to say, can u see through tear gas well enough in a packed theater to make a good hit while being sprayed with gun fire? In perfect visibility you'd still be on the loosing side even before it began. I'd open up everything I had on him but my primary objective would be to see my family to safety first knowing there was limited options

Learn the laws of your state...

I know that theaters are off limits in MO

What is your reference that states concealed carry is off limits in movie theaters in Missouri? I think you may want to re-look the areas that CC is prohibited in Missouri. If the theaters that you frequent have signs posted prohibiting firearms, those are owner policies of those respective private properties.

From what I have read elsewhere, AMC theaters has a corporate policy that firearms are prohibited in all of their theaters. I believe the shooting in CO was in an AMC theater.

By no means am I sharp shooting you. My only intent here is to stop bad information from spreading. Bottom line, every person that chooses to lawfully concealed carry must learn all rules of the state which they are carrying in.

I will always choose to have the option available to defend myself and my family, i never frequent businesses that post signs requesting that patrons be unarmed and defenseless. In that low light theater a person on the floor between seats would have a good fighting chance to stop that nut job, there is no way that he can cover 360 degrees effectively, if his opponent is well trained as everyone should be if they choose to CC they should have a good fighting chance to take him down, it would be a lot better to try to out shoot him than try to outrun a bullet, and it appears that he is more of a butcher than a skilled shooter.

so sad the theater bans guns. it may have turned out different if this movie theater didn't have their heads in the sand. as iv'e said before, banning guns from law abiding citizens is going to reek chaos here. bad guys will always have guns. well movie theater hows your banning guns working out for you now?

Aurora Colorado bans concealed carry, and the theater posts signs...good ol' gun control at work.

I checked on that after I heard of the shooting. Unlike my home state NC that has an asinine carry restriction for all places that charge admission, CO does not. But I read that the theater in question has a no guns policy. I suppose the shooter did not know that or he would have done this somewhere else?

As others have pointed out, it was a nearly impossible tactical situation. Dark room, tear gas, hundreds of panicked people.....I have to believe that I would have taken a shot only at point-blank range. The lucky ones were near an exit. The others pretty much had to rely on the protection of the "herd", so to speak.....hoping that because the shooter has so many targets to choose from, you won't be one of them.

Everyone there was under 30, people that age don't carry, his vest would not have stopped me from 2 rounds in the gut to knock the wind out of him then a 45 auto to the head, i always pack for this very reason , sign's posted would not stop me from packing in a movie theatre ,, but when it comes down to my safety and the safety of other's i don't play by the rules. "Just how i am"

That settles it... ALL movies should be banned, because they get people killed!! AL, Jesse!! Where are you?! Help us right this injustice!!

From Colorado Law:

(1) (a) A permit to carry a concealed handgun authorizes the permittee to carry a concealed handgun in all areas of the state, except as specifically limited in this section. A permit does not authorize the permittee to use a handgun in a manner that would violate a provision of state law. A local government does not have authority to adopt or enforce an ordinance or resolution that would conflict with any provision of this part 2. (b) A peace officer may temporarily disarm a permittee, incident to a lawful stop of the permittee. The peace officer shall return the handgun to the permittee prior to discharging the permittee from the scene.
(2) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Page 18-senate bill 03-024

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back