CO & KS law?

asbestostongue

I'm travelling from Oklahoma through Kansas on to Colorado for a few days and while I've looked at the laws for CO and KS and I don't see anything unusual. I am wondering if there is anything I'm missing. Are there any unusual things in any of those state law concerning concealed carry that I should know about. Thanks for any help :help: you can offer. Troy

have a fun and safe trip i don't know about those laws but i hope your permits are reciprocating with the states you going to
best wishes

I have recently been stationed in Kansas. Although I have not studied up on KS laws, I can tell you that the retailers and business folk here are generally very anti-gun, and there are a lot of "No Gun" signs. So just be wary if you get out of your vehicle to stop and shop at all. No guns in malls, liquor stores.... Have a safe trip, and enjoy the plains! The Flint Hills region of KS is actually very pretty.

You ask "Are there any unusual things in any of those state law concerning concealed carry that I should know about."

To be able to answer we need to know what is USUAL from your perspective.

I live in CO and they are very usual to me.

Here's a few links to help in your research:

SDG website Links
CO Law Links
Reciprocity Links / Travel Info

I tend to favor HandgunLaw.us because they update regularly and organize their info per state to make it easy to find the differences between states, (Must inform officer, Can you carry in Restaurants that serve Alcohol, Shall issue or May issue, etc.)

I don't know where the deal came from about the no guns signs, I've lived in Ks close to 56 yrs, Kansas has become pretty gun friendly over time. As long as your license is reciprocal enjoy your time here & don't worry about it. There are a few no guns signs but if you don't leave when asked it is a misdemeanor trespass. We have a saying here:
Concealed is concealed..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back