Cmdr. Mathaniel Taylor's chest draw holster

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
Anyone who's been watching "Terra Nova" on Fox will be familiar with the chest-draw holster rig worn by the Commander of the colony, Cmdr. Nate Taylor, played by Stephen Lang. Frankly, I've never seen anything like it in the practical real world.

It looks kinda like a right-handed armpit holster that has worked its way around to the front of the ribcage. Would really not be practical for a woman, as it's right under his left breast, but if it's moved on around to the sternum, it might be doable even by someone as big as me.

My question to the USACarry community is, is this holster real and practical, or pure Hollywood BS? If real, where is it generally used?

Picture? The way you describe it is exactly how many outdoorsy people carry large revolvers and long pistols like the Encore.

They are exceedingly practicle for hunting and fishing.

-Matt

Looks like a "tanker" holster, worn a little bit low to avoid interference with your rifle. Very practical.

I see a lot of military personnel going to chest rigs instead of thigh. It seems practical to me, especially if you are transferring from rifle to handgun.

I purchased a similar rig from Bianchi many years ago for my scoped Ruger super Redhawk. Very nice holster, and very practical.

Anyone who's been watching "Terra Nova" on Fox will be familiar with the chest-draw holster rig worn by the Commander of the colony, Cmdr. Nate Taylor, played by Stephen Lang. Frankly, I've never seen anything like it in the practical real world.

It looks kinda like a right-handed armpit holster that has worked its way around to the front of the ribcage. Would really not be practical for a woman, as it's right under his left breast, but if it's moved on around to the sternum, it might be doable even by someone as big as me.

My question to the USACarry community is, is this holster real and practical, or pure Hollywood BS? If real, where is it generally used?

Cathy: There is a holster for women that fits in front right under the breasts and is hardly noticeable from either the side or front. Women with smaller breasts might have a problem however. I can't remember the website but I do have a picture of it. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I will put it on here.

Naturally Concealed

I posted this about a year ago. I still don't know anymore about it. But take a look.

Naturally Concealed

Link Removed

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back