Close Encounters of the CCW kind

AvidshooterTX

Please relate your most interesting/harrowing CCW experience. Did you draw your firearm? Were shots fired? What was the final outcome?

Drawing your weapon

I found your post and, thought it was an Interesting Question. I've been carrying concealed for 10 years now and, in that whole time I have never had to draw. I know it really does'nt pertain to your post but, I wanted to say that I hope and, Pray that Time never comes. Even though, I prepeare for it by training on an regular basis. I can only Imagine how tramatic that situation could be. Sometimes we all take it for granted, there are allot of our Brothers and, Sisters in arms that have Drawn and, used their weapons. I could'nt even begin to think, I could feel what they did at that Moment. It has to way heavy on someone. I'm thankful that I never have been forced in that situation. But, I can honestly say that if and, when that time comes I will be prepared and, ready to defend mine or, my families life. Thank you for that wonderful question and, hope you too never have to draw or, use your weapon in self defense. Take Care all the best Trophyhunter.....

Last edited:
Luckily, I have never had to draw. I have been in a few places where my situation awareness was heightened, and I promptly left the area. When carrying, I do whatever it takes to prevent me from being in a situation where I have to draw.

To Sights on target: From what I read from your post, you do not determine where and what area you will go to. The criminal element in that area appear that they decide whether you stay in the area you wanted to go to. Sounds as if you are not free, am I reading that right?

I have never had to draw my weapon, and the few times I thought I might, I removed myself from the "temptation" ASAP. I do NOT want to shoot anyone, if at all possible. But in today's world, where I read daily about crime and self-defense scenarios, I know I'm ready and probably a lot more secure because I carry.

That doesn't mean I'm walking down dark alleys with 20's hanging out of my pockets. I don't even use ATMs unless they are inside. But I do position myself in defensive positions in restaurants and other public places. Especially when going to the local Circle-K late at night for that jug of milk.

To Sights on target: From what I read from your post, you do not determine where and what area you will go to. The criminal element in that area appear that they decide whether you stay in the area you wanted to go to. Sounds as if you are not free, am I reading that right?

No, you are reading completely wrong. I am not going to "look for trouble" anywhere. That is being responsible. I carry every day as a last resort. If I feel that my life is threatened, I will draw. I will not purposely put myself in that position though. I would rather walk away from an area than fighting a court battle of why I killed a bg. Being free has nothing to do with this. If you can see a problem, stay away from it. I carry a gun not because I think it gives me a right to not pay attention to my surroundings, but because I know that evil exists and can pop up anywhere unexpected.

I will not purposely put my family in harms way because I am carrying. That is just asking for trouble. If trouble finds me, I know help is just a draw away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back