Citibank on the naughty list...

Horkos

I was reading through my Feb/Mar issue of Handguns and came across this brief article. It said that Warne Mounts, a scope mount company, applied for a business line of credit at Home Depot for building supplies. The day they applied Home Depot approved them. The next day it was rescinded. The NSSF said it was rescinded because Home Depot Credit Services, Citibank, N.A. Creditor won't lend money to firms that make firearms parts. Now that was bad enough but this next part really pissed me off.
"According to the NSSF, in 2008 Citi Merchant Services decided to stop processing credit card transactions for law-abiding people trying to use their credit cards to buy firearms."
To what degree Citibank takes their politics I can't say beyond what I just read. I can say Citibank is now permenantly on my crap list....

I do Real Estate Appraisals for Citi looks like my fees are going up. Will also mention this to a number of concealed carry folks.

And Citi Bank now has a contract with Uncle Sugar to be their Government Travel Card.

Are they aware of how many transaction their cards have been use to transport an M-4 to a deployed location etc...

Politically correct BS ... I had Mastercard try the same when I was buying cigars, a perfectly legal product. I argued with them and they actually stopped the practice.

I'm sure "some" of my tax money went to Citi in the form of "bailout money". They had no problem taking it then?

Thank God that everytime I get this junk snail mail it goes straight in the shredder...I guess I will keep one and send them back with a note to stop sending me their adverts because I DO NOT and WILL NOT condon a bank that is unfriendly to gun owners/users. Thank you for the heads up about this bank. The more people who knows this, the more business they will not have...

Thank God that everytime I get this junk snail mail it goes straight in the shredder...I guess I will keep one and send them back with a note to stop sending me their adverts because I DO NOT and WILL NOT condon a bank that is unfriendly to gun owners/users. Thank you for the heads up about this bank. The more people who knows this, the more business they will not have...

Don't shred the return envelope, seal it and drop in the mail everytime. They will have to pay the postage. At least it will cost them some money if everyone does it.

Wow! Normally my philosophy is to just ignore gunbuster signs (because most aren't enforced anyway) but not letting people use their credit cards for gun purchases? That would definitely be a dealbreaker for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back