Chick-fil-A Gets the Last Laugh

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
The fast-food chain Chick-fil-A has long been under attack by liberals for its Christian values. A couple of years ago, there was huge uproar when it was revealed that the Baptist family who owns Chick-fil-A has for years, given millions of dollars to organizations fighting same-sex marriage and supporting heterosexual ones.

The liberal media pulled out all the stops to harm Chick-fil-A’s business. Any group that had something negative to say about the chain was given a voice. Never mind the fact that 600,000 people on Facebook pledged to show their support for Chick-fil-A; the press focused on a handful of gays who picketed a few stores.

You may remember that several mayors have made it clear that the restaurants are not welcome in their cities. Mayor Thomas M. Menino of Boston sent a letter telling the CEO, Mr. Cathy, that his company was not welcome there. Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel declared that Chick-fil-A did not represent “Chicago values” and suggested the firm invest its money elsewhere. Emanuel also said he would do his best to deny Chick-fil-A the right to open more stores in the Chicago area.

Anyone thinking that this negativity from liberals would by now have Chick-fil-A on the verge of bankruptcy would be misinformed. Business Week has reported that: “The days when fried chicken was synonymous with a certain white-haired southern gentleman are over.” Chick-fil-A now outranks Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Despite the fact that Chick-fil-A only has about 1,775 U.S. stores compared to KFC’s 4,491, it managed to outsell its rival. For 2013, Chick-fil-A’s sales passed $5 billion, while all of KFC’s U.S. stores had sales of $4.22 billion, according to food industry researcher Technomic. With most of Chick-fil-A’s stores in the South, the firm has plenty of room to add to its lead.

Chick-fil-A is also the most profitable food chain in the nation. Each restaurant made about $3.2 million in 2013, more than three times as much as the average KFC at $938,000. What makes this achievement all the more remarkable; the firm is closed on Sundays.

I looked at dozens of news feeds that ran this story. I could only find one that dared to point out that Chick-fil-A had triumph over its enemies. A report in the Atlanta Times-Journal suggested that the CEO’s remarks and the media attention he drew actually helped spur the chicken chain to greater sales. The paper cited he benefitted from a counter-protest and “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day,” held by supporters of traditional marriage. Since those events took place in 2012, I don’t see how they can apply to last year’s numbers.

The success of Chick-fil-A in overcoming the liberal agenda is something to cheer about, but it represents one of only a few companies willing to put biblical values ahead of the bottom line. It wasn’t that long ago when no major firm in America would dare say they support gay marriage. Today we live in a completely opposite world, where corporations are proud to support events that are plucked right out of the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

The primary reason why Christians tolerate this type of slide in morality is because they don’t see an immediate threat to sin running unchecked. Light and darkness cannot co-exist. People who prefer darkness will always seek to remove even the smallest source of light. If they can’t defeat Chick-fil-A today, they will try again tomorrow with some new strategy.

The good news is that eventually the haters of Chick-fil-A will run out of time. After the Rapture, it will be a whole new world. In fact, very few businesses will survive the horrors of the seven-year Tribulation. Since only godly endeavors will exist during the Millennium, maybe Chick-fil-A will live on and put even the historic achievements of the McDonald chain to shame.

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them” (Romans 1:28).

- Todd Strandberg -

Liberals want us to be tolerant of gays and whatever other things are the flavor of the moment. But they don't tolerate views that support only normal relationships and heterosexual marriages. Apparently their tolerance is one-sided. But then we already knew that.

Just a thought here: Could it possibly be that people just really like their chicken? And the way they run their business?

Just a thought here: Could it possibly be that people just really like their chicken? And the way they run their business?
That's part of why I still go there. But the reason my wife and I started going there, and part of why we still do, is because of the idiot liberals and their stupid boycott attempt.

Chick-Fil-A in my area are clean and well run and clean. On the other hand KFC's are not too clean . I read a piece a couple of days ago that said Chick-Fil-A made almost 2 times the money as KFC last year and with almost 1/2 the number of stores. Great going Chick-Fil-A.

I have never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A in my life (I'm 68). Of course, the only place I've ever seen one has been in a movie or television show. Never lived in the part of the country that has them, I guess. But they've gotta be better than the Kernel.

of course it's dictated to think that had an effect on overall sales as if it were a spike. chick-fil-a sales have been growing for YEARS before this BS. it's because they have a good product.

Link Removed

I have always loved Chick fil A.... I always get outstanding service and good food considering it's fast food. And I also like their beliefs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

That is definitely a valid point and I'm sure there are many people who go to there for that reason.

However, I do know of a lot of people who will go out of their way to specifically get Chik-fil-A at the expense of other fast food restaurants because of the ownership's views. One cannot deny the amount of people who are patrons for this reason.

of course it's dictated to think that had an effect on overall sales as if it were a spike. chick-fil-a sales have been growing for YEARS before this BS. it's because they have a good product.

Link Removed

True, and their beliefs have been known for many years for the fact that they do not operate on Sundays. This is one of the reasons I started patronizing their stores. I thought how wonderful a store in this day and age that has the courage to lose sales on a weekend because of what they believe in. This was well before the same sex marriage boycotts happened.

I have never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A in my life (I'm 68). Of course, the only place I've ever seen one has been in a movie or television show. Never lived in the part of the country that has them, I guess. But they've gotta be better than the Kernel.
A southern white Kentucky Colonel plantation owner is about as racial as it gets. But the brothers flock to KFC. No one complains that KFC is a racist business?

CF has a good food, and the underpaid, overworked staff is generally pretty darned polite and responsive. The owners' religion and alignment with the standard and phony "religious persecution" crowd are completely irrelevant when it comes to buying their products.

CF has a good food, and the underpaid, overworked staff is generally pretty darned polite and responsive. The owners' religion is completely irrelevant when it comes to buying their products.
It's irrelevant to you, which certainly is your choice. But it isn't irrelevant to everyone else obviously. I myself am not all that religious, though I do consider myself a Christian. I don't even go to church, which some people say means I can't be a Christian. In any case, my support for Chik-fil-A isn't so much based on religious grounds as it is on religious persecution. Those people were trying to punish the owner strictly because he expressed a religious belief that they did not share. Whether I agreed with his beliefs or not wasn't the main point for me. What mattered most for me was that he was being persecuted for his religious views, and that's why I support Chik-fil-A. Our country was settled by peoples looking to escape religious persecution, and our nation was founded on the principle that it should never happen again. That's a principle I feel strongly about.

Chick-Fil-A in my area are clean and well run and clean. On the other hand KFC's are not too clean . I read a piece a couple of days ago that said Chick-Fil-A made almost 2 times the money as KFC last year and with almost 1/2 the number of stores. Great going Chick-Fil-A.

While I like chick-fil-a, a good reason for this profit is that chick-fil-a charges to much for what you get, but on the other hand KFC does to, beside we like Bojangles better

I love Chic A Fill. I am always impressed with ownership that puts their money where their mouth is. They stand by their values, close on Sundays. Gotta respect that whether you agree or disagree with their views. I'm happy to add to their bottom line.

It's irrelevant to you, which certainly is your choice. But it isn't irrelevant to everyone else obviously. I myself am not all that religious, though I do consider myself a Christian. I don't even go to church, which some people say means I can't be a Christian. In any case, my support for Chik-fil-A isn't so much based on religious grounds as it is on religious persecution. Those people were trying to punish the owner strictly because he expressed a religious belief that they did not share. Whether I agreed with his beliefs or not wasn't the main point for me. What mattered most for me was that he was being persecuted for his religious views, and that's why I support Chik-fil-A. Our country was settled by peoples looking to escape religious persecution, and our nation was founded on the principle that it should never happen again. That's a principle I feel strongly about.
And since we're on the topic of religious persecution, I've also deleted Mozilla Firefox from all my systems since they pressured their new CEO to resign after people objected to the fact that he supported an organization back in 2008 that was trying to get marriage defined as a union between a man and a woman. Obama supported the same thing back in 2008, but I'd bet a very large sum of money that those same people aren't pressuring him to resign as a result.
Since the latest Opera version doesn't allow the importing of bookmarks, I installed Chrome. I have to say I'm impressed. It's the fastest browser I've ever had.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back