Chicago Crime Stats Down!

vernsimpson

Here is a report that crime is down in Chicago due to CC! But as I said on another thread the anti's will not credit the new Conceal Carry Law in IL. The Chief credits their "great" police work!

Now we ALL know that CC could NEVER cause crime to go down! :jester:

The C.O.P. of Chittycago credits their "great" police work! To what? To a crime rate higher than anywhere else in the country except for maybe Newark. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that as private gun ownership and conceal carry go up, crime rates drop.

Here is a report that crime is down in Chicago due to CC! But as I said on another thread the anti's will not credit the new Conceal Carry Law in IL. The Chief credits their "great" police work!

Now we ALL know that CC could NEVER cause crime to go down! :jester:

What crime report has come out that already has statistics for the few months that they have allowed person's to carry?

The crime rate went down only because the weather was unusually bad the first 3 months of the year. The first warm weekend we had 41 shootings. This is the cycle or season if you wish that we have here. Watch as the summer warms up the shootings will pick up to meet the good weather. Think about it, how many of you guys like to hunt in 24" of snow and sub zero temperatures. Gang bangers are hold up inside till it gets warm enough to drive by comfortably with the windows down in the hoopty with the 26" dubs on it. They don't mind being seen.

This is essentially measuring one data point (one calendar quarter), finding a positive change, and cheering!

As Bluestar said, the weather is more likely the biggest factor. CC is negligible, most of the shooting crimes wouldn't be affected or deterred by legal CCers.

Let's see how the rest of the year plays out.

Sorry thought I posted the link. Here is the link.

Link Removed

Thanks for the link... but the real point I was making is that a few month's data doesn't tell anything as the article itself pointed out:

The first concealed-carry permits in Illinois were [FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]issued in late February[/FONT], so there isn’t enough time or data to accurately conclude that the new law is fully (or even partly) responsible for Chicago’s across-the-board drop in crime.

I think it's too soon to see a change in the crime rate. Easter weekend was a shoot-a-thon. I have no problem letting the street handle its own trouble but they should take care of things a little more quietly. Keep the innocent out of it.

This story is BS, not only because the "first concealed-carry permits in Illinois were issued in late February". It just was an unusually cold winter. "Polar vortex", if anyone remembers. I had some business in Chicago in the northern part of the South Side in late January and it was 30-45 below with wind chill. The streets were empty. Most businesses were closed or sent their employees home early. Since it has warmed up, the city is trying to make up for the shortfall in crimes: HeyJackass! | Illustrating Chicago Values.

The more interesting story is the Chicago's police chief's and Rahm's whining on CNN's Chicagoland. If anyone actually cared to watch this closely, they would have realized the situation Chicago is in. The Chicago's police chief was complaining that someone caught illegally carrying a firearm is not prosecuted or, at best, sent to boot camp. The DA's excuse: They want the overloaded justice system to deal with hardened criminals. The real reason: The local community organizers level the racism charge and pressure the police and the justice system to go easy on black folks. As the Chicago police chief and Mayor can't do much against the more powerful Chicago community organizers, they go after the gun owners in the suburbs and the rest of Illinois.

The crime rate went down only because the weather was unusually bad the first 3 months of the year. The first warm weekend we had 41 shootings. This is the cycle or season if you wish that we have here. Watch as the summer warms up the shootings will pick up to meet the good weather. Think about it, how many of you guys like to hunt in 24" of snow and sub zero temperatures. Gang bangers are hold up inside till it gets warm enough to drive by comfortably with the windows down in the hoopty with the 26" dubs on it. They don't mind being seen.

My brother lives in the West suburbs and I lived in Chicago some years back (actually decades) and we talked about the effects of the weather on the crime rate when a report about the CC laws effect first came out, 2 months ago. We both agreed that the weather and the lack of time with public with CC in their hands both would have affect on the results of this report. The weather being the greatest deterrent to crime and the lack of time of people have CC in their hands not being a diminishing factor. Criminals one day, are NOT just going to say "Oh the public is armed now, I have to stop doing what I have been doing". I am sorry that just isn't going to happen arbitrarily.
~
Time and CC incidents involving criminals being harmed/stopped will need to occur before they get it and become more careful about who they pick as targets. Even then CC will need time to become more common place before having any deterrent effect.

My brother lives in the West suburbs and I lived in Chicago some years back (actually decades) and we talked about the effects of the weather on the crime rate when a report about the CC laws effect first came out, 2 months ago. We both agreed that the weather and the lack of time with public with CC in their hands both would have affect on the results of this report. The weather being the greatest deterrent to crime and the lack of time of people have CC in their hands not being a diminishing factor. Criminals one day, are NOT just going to say "Oh the public is armed now, I have to stop doing what I have been doing". I am sorry that just isn't going to happen arbitrarily.
~
Time and CC incidents involving criminals being harmed/stopped will need to occur before they get it and become more careful about who they pick as targets. Even then CC will need time to become more common place before having any deterrent effect.

I agree with your statements. But race needs to be taken out of the factor. While the over whelming majority of those involved are Black and Hispanic you can't back off of taking it to these guys just because of community organizers up roar. One of Chicagos biggest organizers is a "White" Pastor named Micheal Pfelger. He is a Rabid gun control advocate. Unless the police become serious about punishing gang bangers involved in gun crimes this will just keep going the way it is now. No amount of talking, protesting at crime scenes or in front of gun stores is going to make a bit of difference.
Here is an excerpt from Father Pfleger of of St. Sabina's website.

Statement by Rev. Michael Pfleger

Today we’re reading that the January Murder rate is up from one year ago. 40 homicides this January compared to 26 during the same period last year. This ought to let us know loud and clear that what I and others have been saying is still true, just more police on the street is never going to be enough. Until we change the culture of violence that has become acceptable, stop this proliferation and easy access to guns (our communities have more guns that computers), bring jobs and resources to help struggling communities, teach conflict resolution in our schools and guarantee every school provides an excellent education, and break the code of silence we will continue to see violence rise in Chicago!

Do we want to stop the violence or just put a Band Aid on it?!
- See more at: Link Removed

Consider first who is gathering and reporting these "statistics." Beware... statistics DO lie, and so do those who use and abuse them.

Thanks for the link... but the real point I was making is that a few month's data doesn't tell anything as the article itself pointed out:

[/FONT]

This is true and such a short time to see how CC helps. Cold weather could have been a factor also but I was really struck by how the anti gun crowd said that it was their program that was what was working. But if and when crime and shootings go down Rahm and his minions will never give credit to CC!!

Consider first who is gathering and reporting these "statistics." Beware... statistics DO lie, and so do those who use and abuse them.

Absolutely true. Husband served 20 years in Baltimore city, Major crimes as a detective. Com-stat is a joke. Those reporting the Statistics use creative new math common core couldn't even explain. JS

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back