Changes to the Concealed Carry Law

Speaking of Florida, You can use your DD 214 to get your permit no need for a class of any kind. Even if you don't have any pistol training listed on your discharge papers.

There will always be people like this. But you cannot put more obstacles in front of good law-abiding citizens to keep the criminal types from doing something. Criminal types won't adhere to the law and then the only one's burdened by the law are the good honest types.

Laws are made to protect the people, not to weigh them down.

Again, I will never say that training is not a good idea. What I do say, is legislators need to follow the oath that they swore and support and defend the Constitution. This isn't just lip service for the 2A it's for all of them.

I see the 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A, and 10A being attacked daily in this country and it embroils me. Yet, most of America, are so engrossed in themselves, they aren't willing to do anything. In fact, a lot, are supportive of the usurpation of our rights. That is what is disheartening.

Yes, in Florida a DD214 suffices as proof of training and given the nature of the training this may or may not be a good thing. That is, the bulk of the class I took (took it even though I didn't have to with wife) mostly covered state laws related to use of lethal force in self-defense. That is not something I learned in the Army (or should I say that what I In the Army was not applicable? ) Weapons handling? No big deal.

See this is my concern... I am more concerned about the law portion of the class. I do believe you should have to do something to be sure that you know the law. You can prepare and train anytime and anywhere on how to shoot cause let's face it we are not in gun fights everyday but the law does apply to us everywhere we go, when to use deadly force and ect. I don't think it's all infringement. We have to realize these weapons are dangerous. We should know what's appropriate and necessary. It just sucks that the laws only affect the people who plan on following the law.

Why would anyone think that 16 hours of training is legit. Really? 16 hours? Does anyone else have that much?

Edit: Didn't realize how old this was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back