Chambering your +1 round

Thrasher_s

How do you chamber your first round? Do you take the first round from your mag and then reload the mag? Or do you drop a round in the barrel and release the slide?

Usually, I just let the slide strip the top round off of the mag then remove the mag and add one more round to. It.

Some gun manufacturers will advise AGAINST dropping the round in the barrel and allow the slide to hammer it home.
The problem is a possible broken extractor.

Some guns can do it, like my P95 and some guns can't for fear of a broken extractor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I let the gun strip the top round out of the mag. Then I holster the gun. No +1 for me

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app

I, too let the weapon strip the top round. I have also taken to shooting more often to keep my skills up and to rotate my ammo...getting rid of the older ammo in my mags. Some will say to reload your mags with new ammo. I don't think ammo can spoil! Usually I have two to four empty mags after shooting. I have one mag with +P always. I take a n empty mag I used for plinking and put a round of +P in it, rack the slide and drop the empty and replace with the full +P mag.

How do you chamber your first round? Do you take the first round from your mag and then reload the mag? Or do you drop a round in the barrel and release the slide?
Second mag for the +1. Helps keep track of the +1 when unloaded, too. Pop in mag with the +1, rack slide, exchange for full mag.

I let the slide strip the round from the magazine. Then I add one to the mag, but next time the one from the chamber gets a mark on the primer so I will not use it again to chamber a second time.

Only if I want to break or damage the extractor. Owners manuals will warn against manually placing the round in the chamber then letting the slide slam into battery. But what the hell do gun manufacturers know, and who the hell reads them anyway?

OBTW, I do carry +1, especially with compact carry guns where even the +1 capacity is still in single digits.

I don't bother with a plus 1. I load the magazine, chamber a round and call it good. If it all comes down to one round I brought the wrong gun anyway

OBTW, I do carry +1, especially with compact carry guns where even the +1 capacity is still in single digits.

Quoted for reference, but not in response ^^

I didn't think about my small gun...I do carry plus one with my xds as well because it's single digits. I dont carry that gun often though.

I dont carry plus one with my everyday carry, a fnx45t, because it's 15 + 2 spare mags.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app

Method 1: Insert your full backup magazine into the firearm, rack the slide, drop the backup magazine, insert your full primary magazine into the firearm, and optionally top-off the backup magazine.

Method 2: Insert your full primary magazine into the firearm and rack the slide.

Method -1: Insert your full primary magazine into the firearm, drop the round in the chamber, rack the slide, and break the extractor over time.

Method 0: Insert the magazine almost fully, drop a round on top of the magazine (to allow the round to be properly loaded), and close the slide using the slide stop lever.

One could start a discussion about Method 1 being administrative firearm handling and Method 2 being defensive firearm handling, but two things are clear, Method -1 is stupid and Method 0 is for circus acrobats.

Mag in hand, fully load, spare round on the table. Pistol in the other hand, insert mag, chamber round. Drop mag insert extra round into mag. Reinsert mag. Administrative bump, safety on, into my holster it goes.

Fully loaded mag-- load one round into chamber and then eject mag and load the final round. I try to keep my finger tips out of the way of the slide as much as possible, not about to drop a round straight in.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back