Cell Phone in 1928?

HootmonSccy

The video is long, so I'll give you an introduction then tell you where to skip to. This is footage from the 1928 premier of Charlie Chaplain's The Circus. There appears to be a woman, or a man in drag, walking by and talking on a cell phone. Skip to 2:40 and watch. It's quick, but the video replays it a bunch and zooms in, slows it down, etc. It's weird how whatever she's holding really looks like she's smiling and talking on a cell phone.

YouTube - Chaplins Time Traveler

The guy that posted this got the footage off the Bonus Features from his DVD, which is part of a Chaplain box set that he shows in the video.

This thing is going viral, so I thought I'd post it.

Shame that they didn't have cell towers back then. Her reception must have sucked.

Certainly she could not possilby be scratching her ear. Must be a cell phone, or a flux capacitor. :biggrin:

Shame that they didn't have cell towers back then. Her reception must have sucked.

Certainly should could not possilby be scratching her ear. Must be a cell phone, or a flux capacitor. :biggrin:

Same thing I was thinking. Unless she was transmitting through a worm hole.

Same thing I was thinking. Unless she was transmitting through a worm hole.
Gnaw, the cell phone transmits to the time machine that transmits it through a time tunnel to the local tower on the other end of time.. Come on.. If you can transport people and cell phones through time, you can't send a cell phone signal??

certainly looks like she or he is on a phone but I dont think it is . I think the time space continuem and the flux capacitor switch is in the Errr umm a what um look at the lights :wacko:

Darn so she isn't a time traveler then.....:meeting:

When I got my first Motorola flip phone, I promptly smiled, flipped it open and said "Kirk to Enterprise one to beam up", damn that didn't work....:crazy_pilot:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back