CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of all the details or even if this area is anywhere near the strip. My question is WHY:

If your chosen "profession" is to commit robbery, WHY would you do it so close to SHOT show? lol

Not sure of all the details or even if this area is anywhere near the strip.
North Las Vegas is the crime capitol of the LV valley area. The sad thing is that the NLV city government and NLV LEO's are very anti-CCW.

I refuse to do any business in NLV, simply because they hate CCW'ers.

Well, I would say that maybe the perp will think twice about that parking lot again.:biggrin:

Too bad he missed.....yet another gun owner that has little to no experience shooting the weapon he is legal to carry.

Well, it's been proven that in an actually shooting situation, you're only about 50% as accurate as we are in practice on the range, or wherever we shoot. That fact coupled with the fact that the distance was not specified, the fact that though the victim should've been able to make one or two of their first shots, due to the prep being an intimate range, the shooter was likely to miss when the prep took off running because of the prep being a moving target and getting smaller as they ran. The type of ammo really wouldn't have made any difference in this kind of encounter, other than possible over-penetration and striking innocents that might've been close by. Luckily, according to this report, that wasn't the case either.

With all that being said, I have to repeat what has been said on here previously, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Center body mass should very easy to hit, for anybody that practices and has a level head. I agree that we know not of the gun.....distance....and other factors that can come into play.

If I read it right the shooter was thrown to the ground first. Did well to just stop the attack. That very big center mass target gets real small when the crap happens. I once saw a shootout in a mens room with no hits. I had one where the BG's were on the other side of the car from me and while I hit all three it took far too many rounds to do it. The biggest enemy of accuracy is adrenaline.

Center body mass should very easy to hit, for anybody that practices and has a level head. I agree that we know not of the gun.....distance....and other factors that can come into play.

Try hitting center mass in an adrenalin dump while you're freaking out because for the first time ever you're actually shooting at another human being.

I will give the guy credit for trying to defend himself. I have seen some people that carry everyday that if the situation came up then they would be too scared to even pull the gun out.

Too bad he missed.....yet another gun owner that has little to no experience shooting the weapon he is legal to carry.

And that is why even proponents of concealed carry are pushing for licensing. Not that going through a class will do anyone any good if the person does not practice, or believes that taking the initial class is all they need to know and their skills will never deteriorate in any situation or over any amount of time.

Walmart should give the guy a couple boxes of shells so he can work on his marksmanship:laugh:

Walmart wont do that. Their corporate headquarters is in China (That's rite, they are a Chinese Nationalized Company boys and girls). Why would they care about anything that happens in America unless it affects their bottom line. Besides, knowing the average distance of a self defense encounter is about 7 yards or less, if he missed that bad, he is gonna need more than a couple boxes of ammo. lol :sarcastic:

Walmart wont do that. Their corporate headquarters is in China (That's rite, they are a Chinese Nationalized Company boys and girls). Why would they care about anything that happens in America unless it affects their bottom line. Besides, knowing the average distance of a self defense encounter is about 7 yards or less, if he missed that bad, he is gonna need more than a couple boxes of ammo. lol :sarcastic:

Walmart's corporate headquarters is in Bentonville, Arkansas.

to the victom: good job.. to the bad guy:you picked on the wrong person and mabye you should get into an honest line of work because next time you try to rob someone you might find yourself laying on a nice cold slab with a toe-tag. dont worry i wont attend your funeral.

And that is why even proponents of concealed carry are pushing for licensing.

The vast majority of permit holder's I've run into a solidly behind Vermont Carry

Please note this poll on gunrightsmedia.org Oleg Volk's new website

Link Removed

294 yes 26 no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon