CCW licenses and badges, pictures?

When you are new to conceal carry you start searching for/and about conceal carry.

Some of this stuff sounds and looks cool and you know nothing about any of it.

You have to learn from others or by trial and error.

I looked at the badges. They make it sound like you have to have one and everyone has one. You are new so you don't know any better and you buy one.( I didn't because it is illegal here.)

If it was not illegal here, I would have bought one.
When I started reading on the forums about them, I would have thrown it away.

There needs to be a sticky or something on these badges.
Badges are an important subject. People need to know what a bad idea this is and why.

When you are new to conceal carry you start searching for/and about conceal carry.

Some of this stuff sounds and looks cool and you know nothing about any of it.

You have to learn from others or by trial and error.

I looked at the badges. They make it sound like you have to have one and everyone has one. You are new so you don't know any better and you buy one.( I didn't because it is illegal here.)

If it was not illegal here, I would have bought one.
When I started reading on the forums about them, I would have thrown it away.

There needs to be a sticky or something on these badges.
Badges are an important subject. People need to know what a bad idea this is and why.

I have no problem with people wanting to get information about a said item. My problem comes when one out of every ten new forum member starts a thread on the topic. When a simple search"USEING THE SEARCH BAR" would turn up all the threads this forum already has on this topic(some being more then 15 pages long and counting). I have been on some forums where failure to use the search bar would get you a warning(and if you posted a thread that had already been started it was deleted).

Badge...Not a good idea unless you are LEO.

If someone were to flash that badge to impress or impersonate, it would lights out, locked up and badge gone. The only people that are going to get those things are people who want to "play cop". They are going to carry their badge on a belt clip so people can see it, they're going to be all "johnny bravo" and either get themselves or someone else hurt because the first time the stuff hits the fan and they're the only one with a "badge and gun" , watch out!

I have been here for about 3 days, and have not seen this, so here goes, if it has been posted before, please provide a link.

Since I live in AZ, I don't need (or carry) a CCW. Last time I owned a CCW was when I lived in Washington (in 2000) and that license was a card that each person was responsible to laminate and carry, it wasn't much more than a piece of paper.

I hear on this site people talking about their licenses and "badges" when they say badges, do they mean an actual badge? SO, to clear it up, I would love to see if people could put pic's of their CCW. Arizona's is boring, looks like an ID card without a picture.

I am going to take the class and get my CCW so I can carry in other states, another great thing is AZ's CCW is honored in most states I go to, except Il and WI, which annoys me, as I am going there next summer for a month.

So, is it a card, an endorsement for your drivers license, a badge?

In Missouri, you have the option of a Drivers License Endorsement prominently displayed on the front of the license above your picture, or a separate I.D. card for the CCW. The downside to having your CCW posted on the DL is that states like Illinois and Wisconsin, during a traffic stop, see the CCW, and they think that is probable cause to search you, and cause all kinds of grief. In Tennessee, a Hangun Permit card is issued separate from your DL. In states where you do transit, if stopped by LEO, you simply present your DL and Hangun permit card to the officer informing him that you are carrying. In Illinois and Wisconsin, lock your piece in the trunk in a lockbox, and your ammunition somewhere that the piece is not located, and don't even mention CCW.

I have no problem with people wanting to get information about a said item. My problem comes when one out of every ten new forum member starts a thread on the topic. When a simple search"USEING THE SEARCH BAR" would turn up all the threads this forum already has on this topic(some being more then 15 pages long and counting). I have been on some forums where failure to use the search bar would get you a warning(and if you posted a thread that had already been started it was deleted).

True. They should. But they won't. We will see these "stinkin' badges" posts forever.

I think it says something about that in the forum rules, does it not?
It's been awhile since I have read them.

I want one, only so I can go to the range, tape it up on a target, and put a couple of holes in it before I carry it around. :biggrin:

This site could make a lot of money selling Badges to some of these Turkeys and there's three or four people that should get Honorary Badges.

I believe there's a surplus store in Mesa, Az. where you can buy a CCW badge. If ya buy your green beret, your Marine T-shirt, and your Navy Seal knife at the same time, I'd bet you'll get a discount.

(I DO like the idea of the CCW badge with a bullet hole in it. LOL)

I would be hard to prove you weren't impersonating a Cop if someone accused you of it. A Badge of any kind is a bad idea. You never want your CWP on your Drivers License. It is easy to get your Drivers Permit Suspended. It would be bad to loose your CWP at the same time. Tractor Trailer Drivers can have their License Suspended because the Company they work for not paying a Weight Ticket.

No, No, No Stiiiiiiiinken Baaaaaadges

There are only 3 people (and you) that know I carry - the fourth will find out the hard way.

Don't count on the AZ permit doing you any good in CA.

I have been here for about 3 days, and have not seen this, so here goes, if it has been posted before, please provide a link.

Since I live in AZ, I don't need (or carry) a CCW. Last time I owned a CCW was when I lived in Washington (in 2000) and that license was a card that each person was responsible to laminate and carry, it wasn't much more than a piece of paper.

I hear on this site people talking about their licenses and "badges" when they say badges, do they mean an actual badge? SO, to clear it up, I would love to see if people could put pic's of their CCW. Arizona's is boring, looks like an ID card without a picture.

I am going to take the class and get my CCW so I can carry in other states, another great thing is AZ's CCW is honored in most states I go to, except Il and WI, which annoys me, as I am going there next summer for a month.

So, is it a card, an endorsement for your drivers license, a badge?

This thread is missing several components. So I'll add them. Semi-auto pistol or revolver? 9mm or .45 cal? :pleasantry: Merry Christmas.

Yea, the CCW badge thing has been kicked from one side of the site to the other. It never really seems to get any traction.:no:

It kinda comes off like "playing a cop" to most who carry a firearm for self defense. I will never wear a badge that indicates I'm permitted or licensed to carry a firearm...

In MA when I carry it's concealed and my LTC Class A (License To Carry) is in my wallet. If I have to interact with a police officer at some time in the course of my daily activity I will indicate to him/her that I am carrying a firearm and have a license to do so. I'll ask them how they would like me to proceeded and wait for instructions..
I have to agree with this post. Whats the point of advertising you carry protection? In Utah you get a card just like your Drivers license. That's good enough for me. I don't want to play cops and robbers. And if I ever get pulled over I'll hand the officer both just so he wont loose his mind.

ccw badge

I personally am oposed to the ccw badge. I hear they are big in Tennessee.
The company making them is probably doing fairly well financially.
Who are you going to show the badge to??
If it is the police they do not care they want to see you state permit.
Being involved in law enforcement for 47 or so years I do not want to get you confused with your ccw badge with a police officer if you happen to be at or near the scene of an emergency.
In many states it is written into the law that in any law enforcemen encounter you must advise the officer that you are a ccw permit holder and armed. Do you think the officer is going to ask you for your badge or state ccw permit.
I am also opposed to retired law enforcement officers carrying the HR218 badge. They should carry whatever badge was given to them when they retired along with ID and current firearm certification.

Pat Olvey
email [email protected] or [email protected]

concealed means concealed. why get a concealed weapon permit and then put on a badge to tell everyone you are carrying? ohio's post is sound and correct. another reason as seen on fox news police have become targets alot more often recently and to be honest i do not want to be a target.

No badge for me!

concealed means concealed. why get a concealed weapon permit and then put on a badge to tell everyone you are carrying? ohio's post is sound and correct. another reason as seen on fox news police have become targets alot more often recently and to be honest i do not want to be a target.

The way police officers have been shot in just the last two days should give pause to anyone about carrying a "wannabe" badge. If you have a death wish, by all means, advertise. But, if you just have to have a badge, become a real law enforcement officer and take the chances they do. At least they have earned their badges.:no:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back