CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

The fact that there are few, if any "facts" yet some profess to be "convinced" about something, yada yada.

Pretty stupid, really.

Not often that I agree with Cocked and Locked, but really people?? We are no better than the mainstream media in this thread..lots of conjecture, supposition, pre-conceived notiions, filling in our own blanks, etc.

First of all, as I stated previously in this thread, it's pretty standard procedure to not release everything until the investigation is done. Also, not unusual for wildly different witness statements ( I recall a robbery call where we had four completely different vehcile descriptions, and the suspect was black, white and asian). I am not saying LVMPD is innocent, just that there isn't a lot of info yet. The original call was a man with a gun acting erratically..that doesn't automatically justify a shooting, but did ya expect the cops to approach him and offer him a latte from Starbucks?

We would do ourselves (this website) well to hold back on all of these postings until further information is released.

Not often that I agree with Cocked and Locked, but really people?? We are no better than the mainstream media in this thread..lots of conjecture, supposition, pre-conceived notiions, filling in our own blanks, etc.

First of all, as I stated previously in this thread, it's pretty standard procedure to not release everything until the investigation is done. Also, not unusual for wildly different witness statements ( I recall a robbery call where we had four completely different vehcile descriptions, and the suspect was black, white and asian). I am not saying LVMPD is innocent, just that there isn't a lot of info yet. The original call was a man with a gun acting erratically..that doesn't automatically justify a shooting, but did ya expect the cops to approach him and offer him a latte from Starbucks?

We would do ourselves (this website) well to hold back on all of these postings until further information is released.

September 3rd is the coronor's inquest date. If I get new and relevant info between now and Sep. 3rd I will share it. I don't expect much to come from now until then for the simple fact that even the news media has to have facts straight before they can release the information that they get. Not saying they always do, just saying we have 5 weeks before we hear anything factually relevant.

If you look a little further my friend, you can find someone else with half a brain cell to agree with. Unfortunately, you havent found him or her yet... lol

I enjoy your posts.

If you look a little further my friend, you can find someone else with half a brain cell to agree with. Unfortunately, you havent found him or her yet... lol

I enjoy your posts.

Hmmmmm..not sure how to take that one :wink:

The Spin, the spin

The "FACT" that there is so much spin about this department being involved in questionable shootings, and I suppose we may have been lead astray by the OPs posts of news stations taking trips to get "Qualified" to know about high stress shooting situations with BGs, leads thinking people to believe that there is a reason behind this behavior. What are they trying to say?

Danfordman, is this the usual reporting that your local news stations do?

A few years back there was an officer involved murder of a man who was in the Police Station to be finger printed of his own volition here in Vermont. He was in the fingerprint room when he supposedly drew down on the officer with a pocket knife. This so traumatized the officer that he shot the would be stabber several times killing the suspect. The question our press never asked, let alone answered, was why wasn't this suspect frisked upon entrance or asked to surrender any potentially dangerous objects, as he was being sought for a felony.

Instead the news was about how officers are routinely put in harms way. Not to mention the obligatory law enforcement officials fully backing the officer who "did his duty".

If the only news about this incident in Las Vegas was no news, or a simple we can't comment about that case, I would have less to consider. Activity usually leads to deflection. If the police were confident that this was a righteous shoot they wouldn't need to specify that at least 12 people had stepped forward to back the officer's story. And yes, we can call it a story as no definitive evidence has been released.

I suppose this thread probably should be locked at this point since further speculation on what has been presented seems to offend some members who find it " manipulated by the extremist proaganda littering this place." It is sad that some people are so convinced of their own superiority on all subjects that they can't add anything to the debate except attack and blame.

The "FACT" that there is so much spin about this department being involved in questionable shootings, and I suppose we may have been lead astray by the OPs posts of news stations taking trips to get "Qualified" to know about high stress shooting situations with BGs, leads thinking people to believe that there is a reason behind this behavior. What are they trying to say?

Danfordman, is this the usual reporting that your local news stations do?

CBS news IMO is biased Left Wing Democratic Rederick, but I do know George Knapp a neighbor and a long long time investigative reporter is a more or less unbiased reporter and world famous because of this. So I do put stock inhis investigative reporting. He has taken the lead on this story you can follow him on twitter here's the link:

George Knapp (g_knapp) on Twitter

Also a link to the " I team" investigative teams news link;

Link Removed

I am sharing news from all Las Vegas sources can find, i.e Review Journa,l all three big local networks, etc. etc. I am doing my best here to bite my tounge and just post facts and what has been reported only. I will continue to post relevant reports on the Costco Shooting as I find them. I will say it again, I am not defending either side just sharing the info as I find it, and waiting for the September 3rd coronor's inquest.

How about a polite question as to whether the man had a license to carry?????? I don't trust cops who point guns at me any more than I do any other stranger. This assumption that you MUST comply regardless of the reason needs some attention. Around home the easiest way to get someone hassled is to report them as a child abuser. Why not further your personal antigun/antiCCW agenda by reporting a man with a gun regardless of the legalities.

This is a simple case. A couple of thugs brutally murdered a United States Soldier and now, they need to be legally executed.

BUT I will guarantee the police approached the victim in a very agressive manner, with guns drawn, yelling at him the entire time. How would it have turned out had one of them drawn his weapon and stayed out of the victim's line of sight, while the other approached calmly and said "excuse me, please keep your hands in sight. Are you carrying a gun?"

+1 !

Police are far too aggressive in today's society. I've been on the receiving end of it more than once, as I'm sure others have. Police today possess more of an attitude than in days past. I believe it is because there is very little interaction between the police and the citizenry anymore. Who talks to a cop these days unless they are on the receiving end of some kind of fine, ticket, or infraction? Police were friendlier, as were the citizens to them when cops used to walk a beat, and knew people by name instead of calling everyone a "perp", or a "subject". People don't like being commanded by a bunch of government controlled robots, that would split a lip open if they smiled. Bill T.

Coroner says they have postponed the inquest into an officer involved shooting, Here's the link;
Link Removed
and another;
Link Removed

Last edited:
When this kind of crap starts happening it always casts a dark cloud over the police. Ever notice if we took half as long to make decisions at our jobs as these nit wits do, we'd be fired in a day. If you want to make time stand still, have a government worker make a decision, or start an "investigation". These people could make a Three Toed Sloth look like Secretariat. Bill T.

A West Point grad was shopping at Costco when a customer noticed he was carry a concealed weapon and called police. Las Vegas Police shot and killed the man. The family of the CCW holder said he was complying with police commands. You be the judge. here's the link:
Link Removed

Why was the guy carrying a concealed weapon in an Open Carry State? And how did the customer that called ascertain he was carrying concealed? there is a LOT more to this story than is being told here.

Why was the guy carrying a concealed weapon in an Open Carry State?

The same reason I do in Arizona. We have BOTH concealed, as well as open carry. Now, thanks to our common sense Governor Jan Brewer, we can do both without a permit as it should be. It makes zero sense to have open carry without a permit, then require one if you cover it with a T shirt. This whole thing is starting to reek of a typical trigger happy cop story. Bill T.

The bottom line on all of these types of shootings involving the police vs. John Q. Public, is the more attention it draws, (media as well as Internet), the worse it gets for the cops. People look at things for a reason. Bill T.

Why was the guy carrying a concealed weapon in an Open Carry State? And how did the customer that called ascertain he was carrying concealed? there is a LOT more to this story than is being told here.
In NV once you have your CCW you can not open carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back