CCW holder riding in passages seat.

This is probably the most repeated and most basic 101 of CHL class in Ohio and thus repeated over and over. It is written in multiple places in our state attorney's official CHL handbook given to every CHL candidate.

OK, I might be wrong, I accept that. But this is not an off the wall boring mundane tidbit that might go in one ear and out the other; as I said before, I contend it is one of the FEW basic items the CHL class is for in addition to NRA basic gun safety. I still say the four rules of safe gun handling and lawful carry rules are , or maybe I should say, SHOULD be non negotiable things that must be retained or no CHL license is given. I am fairly sure if one of your students said the rule is to keep his finger resting lightly on the trigger any time it is out of his or her holster would not pass your test. If you were teaching in OH I would hope you also would not pass one who did not know he has to inform if armed in the vehicle stopped.

I would answer NO you do NOT have to tell you are armed since you obviously do not have a CHL license and are simply carrying illegally.

If somehow you DO have a CHL license from somewhere in Ohio, PLEASE list the instructor's name and phone no. so he can be reported to NRA as incompetent!

I suspect very few instructors teaching a concealed carry class cover the laws of EVERY state, nor would it be practical to do so. Certainly an NRA Basic Pistol Class (which many states accept as proof of training) could not accommodate this. I would have a tough time classifying such an instructor as incompetent just because the OP isn't knowledgeable of the laws in other states.

I suspect very few instructors teaching a concealed carry class cover the laws of EVERY state, nor would it be practical to do so. Certainly an NRA Basic Pistol Class (which many states accept as proof of training) could not accommodate this. I would have a tough time classifying such an instructor as incompetent just because the OP isn't knowledgeable of the laws in other states.

I absolutely agree,

Unfortunately the OP was from a fellow with CHL from Ohio ("Leaving Ohio going to,,,") so this argument doesn't apply either.

I absolutely agree,

Unfortunately the OP was from a fellow with CHL from Ohio ("Leaving Ohio going to,,,") so this argument doesn't apply either.

I don't see anything that would be proof that the OP has a CHL from Ohio. Just because that is the origin of this particular trip does not mean the OP is a resident of Ohio or has an Ohio CHL.

I absolutely agree,
I don't see anything that would be proof that the OP has a CHL from Ohio. Just because that is the origin of this particular trip does not mean the OP is a resident of Ohio or has an Ohio CHL.
And why would you report an instructor to the NRA? The NRA Basic Pistol Course does not cover state concealed carry law, nor does the NRA have anything to do with how Ohio certifies or governs CCW instructors. And although the OP said he was traveling from Ohio to Alabama, he never said he was from Ohio or had an Ohio license, just as NavyLCDR points out. Even if he was from Ohio and had an Ohio license, it's quite possible the question was intended for the states along his route. phillip69, I think you may be assuming a lot here that isn't necessarily true. Maybe you should give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back