ccw at the Monroe / Evergreen State Fairgrounds

emoo99

so is it legal.. not during the fair but during the races? or on the 4th they have races and a firework show that is paid admission but it's not a county fair.

so no one knows the awnser? or is it a dumb question? it's paid entry but it's not a music festival and i've heard that it's up to the owners of the facility...

I don't have personal experience with Washington law, so I didn't respond to your first post.

I looked here and saw one place where you'd be restricted from carry is "on the site of an "outdoor music festival" (RCW 70.108.150)"

Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you.

1. It is not illegal. RCW 9.41.300 lists the locations where carrying a firearm is legal (and RCW 70.108.150 - music festivals).

2. Concealed is concealed. Last time I was there, there were no metal detectors or frisking. I concealed carry at the races.

It is a privately owned property for one thing and as long as they have no signs that say you cannot carry then it is legal. Since it is private property they have the right if you will to forbid it. Constitutionally which i support says in the 2nd Amendment: This right shall not be infringed. I conceal carry in many places. Like it was said concealed is concealed and i would rather be protected since some bad guy with a gun could pop up anywhere.

It is a privately owned property for one thing and as long as they have no signs that say you cannot carry then it is legal.

In Washington, even if they do have signs that say you cannot carry, it is still legal. There is no law in Washington against carrying past a no firearms sign.

good posts guys.. thanks for your response.. as a responsible citizen i want to be aware of the laws and abide them.. at the same time i'm always cautious of posted signs. like you said redbone, especially somewhere like the races with large crowds, i always like to ccw because there is more potential of a threat. I just came across this site duing my search for this awnser online.. thanks again for your feedback, it's nice to know other ccw'ers that are local.

I just came across this site duing my search for this awnser online.. thanks again for your feedback, it's nice to know other ccw'ers that are local.

You might want to check out OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum We have a very active Washington section in that forum. You won't find many of us there that concealed carry on a regular basis, but you will find a large group of Washington open carriers there who are very knowledgeable on gun laws and we meet together lots of places throughout the year. You don't have to choose to open carry to be welcome, just don't berate us for doing so. I think you will find more of a Washington local social network there.

You might want to check out OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum We have a very active Washington section in that forum. You won't find many of us there that concealed carry on a regular basis, but you will find a large group of Washington open carriers there who are very knowledgeable on gun laws and we meet together lots of places throughout the year. You don't have to choose to open carry to be welcome, just don't berate us for doing so. I think you will find more of a Washington local social network there.

Please read RCW 70.108.150

RCW 70.108.150

Firearms — Penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport, or convey, or to have in his or her possession or under his or her control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars and not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten days and not more than ninety days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

[2012 c 117 § 424; 1972 ex.s. c 123 § 5.]

Please note the states definition of an outdoor music festival found in RCW 70.108.020 subsection (3):

(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state

Please read RCW 70.108.150

RCW 70.108.150

Firearms — Penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person, except law enforcement officers, to carry, transport, or convey, or to have in his or her possession or under his or her control any firearm while on the site of an outdoor music festival.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars and not more than two hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten days and not more than ninety days or by both such fine and imprisonment.

[2012 c 117 § 424; 1972 ex.s. c 123 § 5.]

Please note the states definition of an outdoor music festival found in RCW 70.108.020 subsection (3):

(3) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state

I've read RCW 70.108.150 many times. Even many times in the last three years that this thread has been untouched. Can I ask what the point is you are trying to make?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back