Ccw after mistemeanor in nh

TORT37

I was found gulity of a Class A mistemeanor in New Hampshire. I have a had a NH CCW for many years and never had a problem until this one. My permit has ecpired and is ready for renewal. Under NH law must the town/city renew my permit? Can I continue to buy and own firearms? Thank you for your kind assistance.

TORT37

Not sure about nh but I don't think misdemeanors don't affect ccw only felony
I may be wrong though. Best bet is to try

It really depends on your state law. Some misdemeanors involving violence, firearms or fraud can be grounds for denial of a permit even in a shall issue state. From a federal standpoint as long as the misdemeanor conviction was not a result of domestic violence you should still retain your ability to OWN firearms. The states may place whatever restrictions they like on Carrying them under current 2a case law.

The best thing to do is either apply for a permit and see what happens, or contact an attorney for a consultation and then apply.

I was found gulity of a Class A mistemeanor in New Hampshire. I have a had a NH CCW for many years and never had a problem until this one. My permit has ecpired and is ready for renewal. Under NH law must the town/city renew my permit? Can I continue to buy and own firearms? Thank you for your kind assistance.

TORT37

You must apply/renew your license in the town in which you live. If you are a non-resident, you would apply/renew through the state police.

TORT37

Do you live in NH? If so then YES you can still buy and own firearms(as long as there is nothing on the Fed background check side.) If you live in NH you must apply to the city/town police department and or town select man(if there is not police department in your town.) Was it a DUI? If they deny they will send you a letter in the mail.

The permit does not allow you to buy firearms(this is not MA) all the permit allows you to do is carry a loaded firearm concealed on your body, also allows you to carry it on your person while in the car.

The permit does not allow you to buy firearms(this is not MA) all the permit allows you to do is carry a loaded firearm concealed on your body, also allows you to carry it on your person while in the car.

Actually, it enables you to carry a loaded handgun in the car, period. It doesn't have to be on your person.

Actually, it enables you to carry a loaded handgun in the car, period. It doesn't have to be on your person.

LOL,that it does. But most(not all) people carry it on them, or near them while in the car. If I'm on a really long drive I take mine off and place it on the door pocket, or my side falls sleep(goes numb).

I find it to be a pain in the ass to remove it and then apply it when I step out of the car, or hell even while in the car. When I have to do that I find a parking spot way out of the way. So someone does not **** themselves should they happen to see my firearm in my hand, LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back