CC Permit Reciprocity Question

soccerhawg

I was hoping someone could help clarify something for me that seems contradictory on this site's "States That Honor My Permit(s)" and "Permits Honored by State". I live in Arkansas and have (will be receiving soon) a CC permit. According to the "States That Honor My Permit(s)" map, Florida will honor my permit. According to the "Permits Honored by State", Florida shows that they only recognize their own residents' permits. Is that correct or am I misunderstanding the maps?

I will be traveling to Florida this summer and I am wanting to take my weapon but I want to be sure I can legally do that. Any insight is appreciated.

If you click on Arkansas when the "States That Honor My Permit" link is selected, FL shows up as honoring your permit. That means you're good to carry while in FL.

The "Permits Honored By State" option is not referring to what FL honors, it's referring to what types of permits are honored in other states from FL. FL issues non-resident permits as well as resident permits. People use FL non-resident permits to expand the number of states they can carry in because FL has one of the largest lists of reciprocity agreements, but according to that map, every single state that honors any kind of permit from FL, only honors Resident permits. That would seem to negate any advantage for expanded reciprocity for residents of states other than FL.

That said, it has no bearing on FL reciprocating with AR, so carry safely and enjoy your vacation.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back