CC Friendly southern states?

larrys0227

My wife and I are considering a move to possibly VA, NC, SC or GA. What are the CC issues to consider with these States?

You might want to look into Tennessee as well. Can't speak for those other states but Tennessee is a gun friendly state and as long as you don't drive slow in the fast lane your welcome to move here. :biggrin:

NC is a nice place to live like a lot of our southern states. However, no cc in govt bldgs, colleges, bars, etc. There are a lot of laws but not hard to learn.

:biggrin:Georgia is very gun friendly and a great place to live. Have a look at Georgia's gun laws in plain english.

Link Removed

Try Texas. I can't wait for three years! but I really like to move there.:biggrin: Good castle doctrine. No frivolous lawsuits...

:biggrin:Georgia is very gun friendly and a great place to live. Have a look at Georgia's gun laws in plain english.

Link Removed

Georgia is gun friendly but I hate their state income tax. I have some buddies that live in Georgia and that's all I hear about come tax time. Still waiting for them to reaffirm their 10th amendment(FFA)right and I hear it's in the works although it has yet to be introduced. Keep your fingers crossed.

Viginia is one of better gun-friendly states. I think the Brady Bunch rates it about the 7th worst for gun control which is among the best for us gun-toters.

Virginia would be my choice.OC is accepted in most areas of the state and the silly OC in an alcohol establishment rule has been struck down. Not too many OL areas,friendly people and beautiful terrain from Ocean to mountains.

The northern suburbs around D.C. are to be avoided for living purposes as the liberal infiltration from D.C and points north continues yearly.Fairfax,Alexandria,Arlington, we are talking about you. And the Naval area of Greater Norfolk is not exactly over run with cops who love gun folks.

But all in all it's better than most southern states.NC is to be avoided.A long laundry list of OL locations makes it a royal pain.Great friendly folks there,just horrible politicians.

Move to Missouri!

Missouri is a shall issue CC state and OC is the state law, but may be overridden locally. It is permitted in most locales away from St. Louis and Kansas City. Also, firearms purchase is simple: you choose your item, go thru the NICS check, pay your money and you go home with your new toy ten minutes later. The only registration is with your FFL in his bound book.

Castle Doctrine and stand-your-ground rules apply for home and self defense. If you're charged in a self-defense situation and there is no Grand Jury indictment you cannot be sued civilly. Reasonable laws for carrying weapons in your vehicle, too.

Missouri stands for firearm freedom and even though it's not a Southern state, it's a great place to live for gun owners. We do have a State income tax and job prospects these days are kinda thin, though.

NC is both a CC & OC state. some of the laws here are just plain stupid.

however, the governor(A democrat) just signed a bill that establishes the castle doctrine, our ability to carry in parks & a few other improvements.

the ability to carry in a alcoho/restaurant, schools & gov't buildings will take a little more work.

it wasn't everything we wanted but it's a start.

TB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back