Castle Doctrine in Mass.

dleslie

Has there been an approval of a Castle Doctrine law or does anyone have any info about this?

Always had it..

General Laws: CHAPTER 278, Section 8A
Section 8A. In the prosecution of a person who is an occupant of a dwelling charged with killing or injuring one who was unlawfully in said dwelling, it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling. There shall be no duty on said occupant to retreat from such person unlawfully in said dwelling.

Wondering how long before the pants wetting, anti-gun, hate all things American liberals will F**K this up?

I also love how it's biased sexually. I guess a woman will have to retreat?

It's always surprising to see how many people don't realize theres a Castle Doctrine in MA. I guess it's because they REALLY keep it on the DL!

Wowee, the Kennedy's actually let this happen? Anything new on drunk driving castle doctrine on bridges in Chappaquidick (or however you spell Teddy's favorite locale).

Wowee, the Kennedy's actually let this happen? Anything new on drunk driving castle doctrine on bridges in Chappaquidick (or however you spell Teddy's favorite locale).

I believe the stipulation is, as long as your so drunk you can't see in color, than anybody you kill with your car is CLEARLY self defense! lol

Prior to Cadillac Deval's terrible NY copycat idea, aside from the ridiculous permitting process in some cities, MA's gun laws aren't really half as bad as most other states think they are. But I'm sure they will be very soon :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back