Carry Methods for Ruger LCR

mrstoelke

I know there are a lot of threads on here about holsters and carry methods, but I am looking for info specifically related to the LCR. I just bought one and I would love to get an IWB holster, but I don't think my husband is going to let me spend another $80 any time soon. I also don't want to have to dress like a man. How do you carry your LCR and what is your favorite IWB holster if you use one? Right now I am limited to purse carry and I really am not a fan of off-the-body carry but I figure it is better than nothing. I would love to find a IWB holster that sits just inside the hip bone that isn't too expensive. I am 5'5" and about 130-135 pounds.

I just got an LCR and I use a crossbreed IWB. I dampened the back of the leather and put it on to let it dry and form to me and it took a lot less wearing time to get it comfortable. I read on another post were they have a returned holster section that is less expensive but I didn't see that. You might look and see if you can find it. I think for me wearing it lower in the waist and handle tilted back works best for concealing and comfort. The top of the holster is barely below my pants waist.

I posted a pic of my cheap little holster 10 hours ago, but it hasn't been approved by the moderator yet. Anyway, it's a minimalistic, plastic "sandwich" that my LCR fits in, and I wear it tucked IWB at the small of my back, or sometimes in the front, depending on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. It cost $25 at a gun show. If you google images for "small holster" it comes up.

I am currently using an Uncle Mike's Sidekick size 36 IWB holster. I bought it used (barely used) for $10. The LCR fits loose in the holster when not in the pants, but is nice & tight when IWB while still allowing for a smooth draw. The trigger guard fits and is fully covered in the holster. The one complaint I have is that if you are sitting and get up, the holster rides up a bit. So if I am wearing it in the truck and then I get out of the truck, I have to tuck it back down just a bit. I wear mine at the 4 o'clock position, I don't know if I would have the same riding up problem if worn at a different position. Anyway, it is a pretty inexpensive way to go until I can afford something better. If you have not seen this video, it has some offerings for women.

I finally ordered an IWB holster from Talon Holsters. I know everyone seems to love the Crossbreed, but I want to be able to carry in the appendix position. A good friend of mine told me you can break your back if you are carrying behind the hip and fall backwards onto concrete. The holster I am getting from Talon will allow me to carry in either position. Another plus is they are in stock so there is no 6-8 week wait time. I'll post an update after I have used it a bit.

Link Removed

I just got my Talon IWB holster for my LCR. I have tried it with a couple of different pairs of pants and I think it is going to work well. The LCR is definitely not an easy gun to hide, but with a sweatshirt on I don't think anyone will notice. I am curious to see how it will work out with some other tops. I tried it in the appendix position and behind the hip, and I can see why people like carrying behind the hip. It is more comfortable and concealable. I guess my carry method will just depend on what I am wearing and what I am doing. I will likely still use purse carry some, but we'll see. My only complaint about the holster so far is that it squeaks some when I move. Hopefully it just needs to break in. I'm going to try to wear it around the house a bunch and see if it goes away.

excellent video! She is very informative and I learned a few things myself. I won't be wearing any dresses though haha

FLASHBANG! I swear by this! It sounds impractical at first...but watch the videos...and with just 15 minutes practice it was in my muscle memory and I was firing accurate shots off in 1-2 seconds. :)

Link Removed

You can seriously conceal an LCR in a flashbang holster? And comfortably? I don't think that would work for me with anything bigger than a .380. By the way, I have been using my Talon holster a bunch more and there are days when I forget I even have it on. That just goes to show you don't need to drop $80 for a comfortable IWB holster. (And no, I am not trying to advertise for them. I just want other women like me to know there are affordable options, and that you can carry an LCR comfortably.)

Hi Ladies:

New member here. I have had great comfort and few print problems with a Galco Tuck-and-go IWB holster. I didn't have to go up a size, however you need a waistband with a belt. I've had the best luck wearing dark, ruffled or sheer layered print blouses...so I don't look like a man.

However, I am very, very short waisted and it took a while to find the the appendix works best for my body type. Good luck....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back