Can I leagally Carry in Tampa Convention Center?

Shepherd777

I have a Florida non-resident permit and I will be at a trade show at TampaConvention Center next month.

Why wouldn't you be? Not trying to be a smarty,but you have an up to date license right or are you asking about carrying in the convention center itself

I've had multiple CCW's for 40 years now. Which means my eyes were not as good as they were at 21 years of age.

I have been a patrol officer at a federal housing project, and Regional Manager of an armored company with over 150 armed employees under my direct supervision. I have spent 10 days of world class handgun competition shooting, after regionally qualifying, at the IPSC Nationals in Barry Illinois. I have carried the same Ed Brown Custom Colt Lightweight Officer's model .45ACP for over 25 years now.

All I did was to increase the font size a little and make it bold font to see it better. Why have a whole computer screen with friggin minuscule type fonts?

Why do I have to receive all the asinine comments??? Everyone who commented on the fonts made an example of them that were bigger and bolder. Don't you have a life, or anything better to do when one asks a legitimate question? You act so childish. And you carry a loaded gun in public???

And it was a legitimate question as even with my permits to carry in over 40 states, some states have the right to post a "No Carry" sign at the establishment. And as we all know, the millions of gun laws are written rather obscurely. I read all of the Florida laws and statues that I could find before posting the question. Buas I said, and everyone here should know, the laws are obscure.

Thanks to all the folks who gave grown-up answers. And I'll just ignore the childish responses.

I APPOLOGIZE I DIDNT READ YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD HEADING MY BAD ...I SHOULD HAVE PAID MORE ATTENTION & SORRY FOR THE YELLING BUT MY HEARIN AS OF LATE HAS NOT BEEN VERY GOOD WHOOOO "Lighten up Francis" Seargent Hulka

I've had multiple CCW's for 40 years now. Which means my eyes were not as good as they were at 21 years of age.

I have been a patrol officer at a federal housing project, and Regional Manager of an armored company with over 150 armed employees under my direct supervision. I have spent 10 days of world class handgun competition shooting, after regionally qualifying, at the IPSC Nationals in Barry Illinois. I have carried the same Ed Brown Custom Colt Lightweight Officer's model .45ACP for over 25 years now.

All I did was to increase the font size a little and make it bold font to see it better. Why have a whole computer screen with friggin minuscule type fonts?

Why do I have to receive all the asinine comments??? Everyone who commented on the fonts made an example of them that were bigger and bolder. Don't you have a life, or anything better to do when one asks a legitimate question? You act so childish. And you carry a loaded gun in public???

And it was a legitimate question as even with my permits to carry in over 40 states, some states have the right to post a "No Carry" sign at the establishment. And as we all know, the millions of gun laws are written rather obscurely. I read all of the Florida laws and statues that I could find before posting the question. Buas I said, and everyone here should know, the laws are obscure.

Thanks to all the folks who gave grown-up answers. And I'll just ignore the childish responses.

If you think someone was making fun of you, you better leave now because if THAT hurt your feelings, you ain't seen nuthin yet!

You should stick around, most banter is harmless and you can have a little fun here with some of the conversations that happen.

It's usually very interesting subjects, sometimes not, but you get to see how other people think about different subjects.

Unlike TV, there is no laugh track so you have to have your own sense of humor.

Please don't give up on us, you sound like you may have a lot of opinions to offer that come from experience.

And one more thought. This is NOT the place to get a factual answer on any gun law. Your best bet would be to call the Convention Center and ask them unless it happens to be posted on their website.

KK

Look... we tried to help you..but

I'll have to echo KK's comments here. Looks like you could bring a lot of your experience to the discussion table. That having been said...

You asked the question and you got the best answer to your question from the people that bothered to respond to you. I provided 2 links to excellent sources for information. The alternative is to do your own research. And we did it just to be friendly.

But there is no reason to come off as some grumpy old fart just because we had some fun WHILE giving you the answers you wanted.

This is a good bunch of people in here and we like to have fun with it ALL. We've all learned the hard way not to open a door if we don't want it to hit us in the butt. It's just the way it is.

Now if you can live with that I think you'll find comradery, friendship and a lot of good information that comes from spirited conversation.

If you think having some fun while providing the answers is childish, oh well! You're going to have a hard time in here.

But that's just MHO!

They too will be getting old some day and the eyes will not work as in the past. Experiencing that myself. Just use the same typestyle and increase the font size. Bolding it helps too! Damn cateracts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back