California Passes Ammo Permit Fee

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
In the latest assault on gun ownership, California passes an ammo permit fee where residents must pay $50 and submit to a background check. If the check is passed, their name is placed on an electronic list of those eligible to purchase ammunition. If a person’s name is not on the list, they can’t buy ammo.

I just can't imagine not being able to walk into a store and not buying whatever ammo I want. It sounds like the same system as one of my online friends was talking about. He lives in either New York or New Jersey and they have some sort of ammo card also and his had just gotten approved. He mentioned it because I said I had to run to Walmart and get some ammo because we were going to the range to try out a new gun we had bought. Going to Walmart for ammo was completely foreign to him. Some of these states are so ridiculous, they might as well be a foreign country.

In the latest assault on gun ownership, California passes an ammo permit fee where residents must pay $50 and submit to a background check. If the check is passed, their name is placed on an electronic list of those eligible to purchase ammunition. If a person’s name is not on the list, they can’t buy ammo.

No, it is not law. It did not pass both Houses and get the governor's signature. This kind of dishonest reporting hurts our cause.

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 US 105

No state shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and attach a fee to it.
A state may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted (Affirmed) by the Federal constitution. at 113, (1943).

If you read the stories, you find that only the California Senate passed the silly bill. It hasn't gone to the House and it hasn't gone to the governor. "California" didn't pass the bill, only the Dem Senate passed the bill. It is not at present a law.

The next time you Californians visit a state with a lot more rain, like Oregon, by a lot of it, blow some of it at the range, and take the rest home with you. Keep your receipts, both for the ammunition and the range. You had intended to expend it all, but it rained, so you brought the rest back.

Or is bringing ammunition into California now prohibited, as well?

Regardless, the ammo permit fee is a Constitutionally unlawful infringement on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. The scurrilous 3rd might uphold it, but the Supreme Court wont. It's ARMS, not gasoline.

The next time you Californians visit a state with a lot more rain, like Oregon, by a lot of it, blow some of it at the range, and take the rest home with you. Keep your receipts, both for the ammunition and the range. You had intended to expend it all, but it rained, so you brought the rest back.

Or is bringing ammunition into California now prohibited, as well?

Regardless, the ammo permit fee is a Constitutionally unlawful infringement on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. The scurrilous 3rd might uphold it, but the Supreme Court wont. It's ARMS, not gasoline.
It is illegal to transport ammunition bought outside the state of CA across its borders now. I think it started 1 January but they've shut down that avenue also. They're determined to make every resident of their state that wants to exert their 2A rights to almost any degree, a criminal act. I'm sure ammo sales in NV, AZ, and OR spiked in a big way in that 6 months leading up to the law being enacted but that's no solution, just a stop gap measure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Since since9 can't bear being exposed to strong opinions, he has seen fit to put me on ignore, but if someone wants to educate him, CA falls under the 9th Circus Court of Appeals, not the 3rd.

Carry on.

Blues

Since since9 can't bear being exposed to strong opinions, he has seen fit to put me on ignore, but if someone wants to educate him, CA falls under the 9th Circus Court of Appeals, not the 3rd.

Carry on.

Blues

I find that people that block others due to their differing opinions are the most fragile of snowflakes in existence.

I find that people that block others due to their differing opinions are the most fragile of snowflakes in existence.
I actually don't understand why someone on a forum does that unless they do it via DM. It's not like they're in your face in a public park or calling your home phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Carry on.

Blues

I actually don't understand why someone on a forum does that unless they do it via DM. It's not like they're in your face in a public park or calling your home phone.

Liberals don't have a monopoly on being snowflakes.

That is completely true.

If you look at what caused the ignore-hammer being dropped, "snowflake" pretty much covers it. The amount of misinformation in his posts compared to the exceedingly minor discourtesies I lobbed in reply would give me a lot more reason to ignore him than for him to ignore me. I don't care really. I just didn't want another piece of misinformation to stand unchallenged. CA is indeed under the watchful, far-leftist and oppressive eye of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, not the 3rd.

Would you agree Mr. Experience and Knowledge (since9)?

Blues

I actually don't understand why someone on a forum does that...

It's called "troll control." Logical discourse involves at least a modicum of consideration of the other person's ideas before formulating a response containing both verifiable information and rational reasoning.

The whopping two people I have on ignore do not engage in logical discourse. They're trolls: "a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content Internet trolls
In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities. —Mattathias Schwartz" - Merriam-Webster Dictionary

No rational, reason, or sane individual suffers trolls. They ignore them. I'm simply glad message forum software provides a mechanism for adding trolls to the forum's automated system.

It's called "troll control." Logical discourse involves at least a modicum of consideration of the other person's ideas before formulating a response containing both verifiable information and rational reasoning.

The whopping two people I have on ignore do not engage in logical discourse. They're trolls: "a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content Internet trolls
In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities. —Mattathias Schwartz" - Merriam-Webster Dictionary

No rational, reason, or sane individual suffers trolls. They ignore them. I'm simply glad message forum software provides a mechanism for adding trolls to the forum's automated system.

There are many that automatically call anyone that dare to disagree with their views as a troll. The also have a propensity of using insulting names often limited by the forum rules about name calling, a tactic used when they can't defend their position with facts.

Disagreeing with someone does not meet the dictionary definition you posted above, unless they consider differing views as disruptive, and clearly some right wing snowflakes here do feel that way.

There are many that automatically call anyone that dare to disagree with their views as a troll.

There are indeed. I'm not one of them. As one of my favorite message forum rules states, "We welcome lively discussion!" I like a good, solid, in-depth discussion! It's how we learn new things, including the errors of our own shortcomings.

Logical discourse is usually centered around a disparity of opinion. But if it's limited to that, then it's not logical discourse. It's merely disagreement. Logical discourse requires at the very least an acknowledgement of another's opinion before refutation. Wall-sized memes do not acknowledge the other's position. They lack reflective listening. While they're certainly a form of refutation, they're certainly not logical discourse, in that such memes fail ti dissect the other's position into its constituent elements before rebuilding them in a more logical form.

During true logical discourse, each exchange -- volley, if you will -- requires the responder to reexamine his or her own beliefs, often refining one's position throughout the exercise.

Posting memes, however, is the antithesis of logical discourse. In fact, it fails all three first steps. It fails to acknowledge the other person's position. It fails decomposition. And there is absolutely no reconstruction. There's not even the three-year-old's "You're wrong" before claiming to be right. It's rather pathetic, actually, a totally one-sided failure to acknowledge anything but one's narcissistic "I'm never wrong" position.

What's been happening here, however, includes not only such failure, but the next step, as well, immature poking, button-pushing, needling, and similar efforts whose only purpose is to upset others.

That's trolling. And it's not as rare as you might thing. Some 5.56% of all Internet users regularly engage in trolling.

The also have a propensity of using insulting names often limited by the forum rules about name calling, a tactic used when they can't defend their position with facts.

Exactly.

Disagreeing with someone does not meet the dictionary definition you posted above...

You're right, it doesn't. What has occurred here goes way beyond mere disagreement.

...unless they consider differing views as disruptive, and clearly some right wing snowflakes here do feel that way.

I think you missed the wholly disruptive and non-constructive nature of their posts i.e. the "trolling" part, those "dark traits," specifically, the high levels of "psychopathy, narcissism, and most specifically, sadism." These are the reasons why I called them trolls and why they're on ignore.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back