California "Gun Nut"?

MilShooter

Opening my mail this morning, I found the following message in my inbox. The sender knows that I am a gun collector with thousands of rounds of ammunition. I guess this was his way of reminding me that everything should be evaluated with an open "frame of reference". So here is the (humorous) email:

Gun Collector?
You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and allegedly had (by rough estimate) 100,000 rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.

My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter: "Wow! He has about a quarter million machine gun bullets." The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache".

By southern California standards, someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable".

Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona, he'd be called "an avid gun collector".

In Texas, he'd be called "a novice gun collector".

In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared", but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana, he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy".

In Idaho, he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate".

In Wyoming, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor".

In Wisconsin, he'd be called "a deer hunting buddy".

And in Georgia, South Carolina & parts of North Carolina, we just call him "Bubba".

-------< My Comment >-----------

I guess that sanity is measured by your state of residence, not your state of mind...

I was talking to a friend of mine that lives in Fresno the other day. He told me that it was getting pretty easy to get a permit there. Has anything changed lately?

Here in Va. he would be called Buba and or a friend that you could depend on. In my old home state of New Jersey he would be called a GUN NUT and he would be served with a warrent and had his home and property searched for illegal weapons.
Bill

"In Wyoming, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor"."

Sorry, not even close. In Wyoming he might be promising as a neighbor if he was young or just moved here. Old timers in Wyoming would not consider this man serious until he had a decent supply of ammunition. And he's likely need to live here a while and be much better prepared to be considered an eligible bachelor in any case. The men outnumber the women pretty badly... and always have.

A nice young lady with that many guns might have gentlemen lined up bearing boxes of ammo as gifts, however. LOL

Hmmm...I think I had uploaded this same one a few posts back...

Sorry! I didn't have time this morning to search through 12 billion threads to see if it was already posted. (Big Smile)

It has been said, from time to time, that great minds think alike. This is clearly one example of that universal law.

Best regards,
MilShooter

Sorry! I didn't have time this morning to search through 12 billion threads to see if it was already posted. (Big Smile)

It has been said, from time to time, that great minds think alike. This is clearly one example of that universal law.

Best regards,
MilShooter
I agree...:smile: you and I will like and react to the same ones from time to time...I am guilty of it too when I was too lazy to search for titles...so no worries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back