Butterflies allowed with CCW

bigstonebeach

I was surprised when my firearms instructor pulled out a five-inch butterfly knife. I asked him if he was allowed to carry because he was a LEO - he said that it was legal with the CCWD for anyone that has one, at least in Delaware. Not really a bad state, once you get past the licensing nonsence.

Re: Montana CCP, if a knife blade is 4" or longer and you carry it concealed (in your pocket) you need a CCP.

Arizona CWP allows you to carry and conceal any kind of knife you want apart from, I believe, ballistic knives. Of course open carry of weapons has always been allowed here anyway. I carry a Benchmade AFO II automatic opener every day along with my handgun.

Chen, if you are referring to constitutional carry you might want to contact an attorney and ask them how well that argument holds up in court.

I am a believer and a activist for the second ammendment. Hell, I took an oath to defend the constitution. But in todays times I dont think that argument will fly anywhere but on tv and internet forums.

Chen, if you are referring to constitutional carry you might want to contact an attorney and ask them how well that argument holds up in court.

I am a believer and a activist for the second ammendment. Hell, I took an oath to defend the constitution. But in todays times I dont think that argument will fly anywhere but on tv and internet forums.

My question was more rhetorical than anything...it's pretty amazing the 2A hasn't been redefined to exclude firearms. I agree, in the court of law I doubt bearing arms covers blades, and soon it won't cover firearms.

Maine has a concealed FIREARM permit for this reason. People thought a CCW meant you could carry anything you wanted.

Knives have gotten more and more restricted in this country, in many cases they're more restricted than firearms. How does this make sense? Well, I guess there's no big knife lobby, but still, I carry a knife (and it's a switchblade omg!) at all times along with a firearm, and the knife (and being an automatic it's ability to operate one-handed while my other hand is holding something) have come in handy many many times, but never as a weapon. I've never had to draw my firearm apart from practice and competition, thankfully.

Honestly it makes no sense to me that you can carry firearm across most of this country but if you have a knife over 3 inches or double edged blade or automatic opener in many, or most of those states you are screwed, clearly a violent criminal.

All knife from my knowledge are legal in N.H. but I'm not sure what will be legal for guns in the future ! To many capet baggers from Mass. etc. are here now . Wish I had a job so I can move soon !:wacko:

Knife laws are so outdated... In PA I could get a permit for a machine gun, but there is no way for me to carry an auto knife.

In NC, it is a CHP (concealed handgun permit) as specifically covers no other weapon, including knives.

Of course NC is an open carry state, so I guess you could open carry a blade larger than 4".

I can carry a loaded firearm concealed but I can't carry a knife that opens with a push of a button here in PA... pretty stupid.

I can carry a loaded firearm concealed but I can't carry a knife that opens with a push of a button here in PA... pretty stupid.

Decades ago I was a USAF Pilot. Part of the flight uniform was a switchblade knife. Despite the fact that I flew with nuclear weapons and a sidearm, I had to carry a card authorizing me to carry the knife. Go figure!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back