Bus robbery foiled by passenger

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Link Removed

Let the judging begin....

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Good observation. On the other hand it is an excellent example of why you NEVER put your weapon within reach of someone you are trying to drive off or subdue. I had some self defense training years ago and one of the subjects demonstrated was taking away a handgun from some idiot who puts it withing reach. It is very nearly impossible to fire before having it grabbed and once grabbed leverage against the trigger finger, well it will be broken or released and the wrist lock is now in place. I have never seen anyone get a shot off and we practiced it dozens of times and the gun wielder even knew what was coming. You do have a fair amount of control over the gun once you have grabbed it so muzzle control isn't totally wild but still, dang, that was a crowded bus.

The problem is this case is the people all around. If the gun goes off someone is likely to be hit. I think I might have just given him my wallet. It looked to me like a standard theft, guy wasn't going to shoot everyone on the bus. On the other hand the "hero" was looking down the barrel and a bump in the road, another passenger grabbing at the gun, anything like that could have put him away so I'm not going to be too critical of the guy. It worked, I'm happy for all involved and I understand why he took the risk. I just don't think I would have done it. Glad it turned out as it did. I was especially pleased to see other passengers joining him in subduing the bad guy.

You have to credit the man's quick response to having a gun put in his face. But this video also demonstrates the need to remain vigilant wherever you are. Notice how this man walked from front to back with his gun in front of him without any reaction on the part of other passengers.

I thought the gentleman who was being robbed showed great presence of mind to actually put away his cell phone in his side coat pocket before he started throwing punches. *rolls eyes*

This is a good reason to not have your head in your iphone, I read in another story that the same thing happen and people was in their phones.

He obviously didn't have the bulletproof app installed, so he had to resort to other measures.

But, but, the mere sight of the mighty boomstick is supposed to strike fear into the hearts of all.

I wonder if the robber was mouthing off on the internet about how no one was ever going to disarm him too.

But, but, the mere sight of the mighty boomstick is supposed to strike fear into the hearts of all.

I wonder if the robber was mouthing off on the internet about how no one was ever going to disarm him too.

You seriously lack comprehension and critical thinking.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back