CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Bring the guns to church day.

I also attend an Assemblies of God church, and have my pastor's blessing to carry concealed in church. There are several of us in the congregation who carry, and our pastor is glad that protection is present during the services on Sunday.

What is the best way to bring up the fact that you have a CWP and want to carry while in the church to your pastor...any advice?

I always carry in Church. Don't ask, Don't tell is my policy. Just because the pastor might not have the same perspective, doesn't mean I need to check my God given rights at the door. Had I been in church with Dr Tiller that day, I would have defended his life just the same as anyone else....despite the fact the fact he did not do the same for so many others over the course of his career.

I attend an Assemblies of God church here in Central Florida. The AG publishes a weekly magazine called the Pentacostal Evangel, which contains pertinent information about the AG and their missions and other news. The May 31 edition posted this article:
I immediately contacted our pastor, mentioned the article, and asked his permission to carry concealed at the church. There is also a school (not attached) that holds a lot of church functions, and which would not be legal here in Florida).

This was his answer:

I will leave it up to each of you to do what you think is best, but at my church, it is not only accepted but there are several others who also carry with the pastor's knowledge. And I think he feels a bit safer with a few people covering his '6'.

I normally will carry in church. And if I'm not carrying on my person its nearby in my computer bag, (volunteer technical director). My pastor knows and approves of me carrying. I approached it this way, he, our youth minister, my father and myself were discussing the security of the church and the plans to make it more secure. All three know that I carry outside of church, so I posed the question to my pastor. I asked if he had a problem with armed individuals in the congregation, and he emphatically said he did not. He said that if you were licensed to carry, then by all means do. So I do. I only know of one other person in our congregation that occasionally carries on Sunday, and that's my grandfather. I'm hoping some others will step up as I'll be heading back to college in the fall, and the older women in the church have voiced increasing concern over the safety and security at church.

Maybe you can suggest a day for cc class for the older women of the church. I have my cc license, They too can qualify for theirs. Tell them that there is nothing on earth like empowerment! Or, I'll can talk to them for you if you want me to.

dont ask dont tell seems to be the best advise I have gotten from all the groups & sites I belong to...:yu:

dont ask dont tell seems to be the best advise I have gotten from all the groups & sites I belong to...:yu:

I always go by, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

In these cases it would be easier to be alive than dead.

Except for "the guns must be unloaded".

I sent the pastor an email about that. Concealed carriers with their permits would be allowed to keep their concealed carry firearms loaded and carried as usual.

Wouldn't do much for me, though, since I am a open carrier myself.

I think I will pass thanks.

More than we know

The church my parents attend in VA had checked the laws of the state, and has begun quietly issuing letters of permission to carry to long term members in good standing that have appropriate permits. There is always an armed presence at every service. The pastor said many of the sheep in many local congregations nearby would be surprised how many armed sheepdogs are in their midst at every service.

OK, I was all joyful when I clicked on the link to read about this great pastor in Kentucky - until I saw that the guns had to be unloaded and private security would be there to check them.... Big let down. Let me say that for me it's always Bring your gun to church Sunday and my pastor knows it and appreciates it - and he knows it's loaded because an unloaded gun is just a paper weight. And I say tell your pastor and if he says "no" find another church. My understanding is that the proper translation of the 6th commandment is "thou shalt not MURDER". Otherwise, why would Jesus have told his disciples to carry a sword? Oh I know, it's easier to open the water mellons and coconuts if you have a sword. That must be it.

In a Christian church there are no pagans, you've sorta got your wires crossed. Any guns in a Christian service are to protect the flock from the (pagans) wolves. So, I'm sure that the pagans (wolves) would object.

Email