~Border Patrol Agent Shoots & Kills Woman~

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
CHULA VISTA, Calif. – A Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 32-year-old mother of five Friday in suburban San Diego as he rode on the hood of her car after she ran into him, authorities and family members said.
The agent fired after being driven several hundred yards on the hood, Chula Vista police Capt. Gary Wedge told The Associated Press. The woman was later identified in a police statement as Valeria Alvarado.
The shooting occurred about five miles north of the Mexican border as plainclothes agents were looking to serve a felony warrant in the area to someone other than Alvarado, Border Patrol Deputy Chief Rodney Scott told U-T San Diego.
Scott said the agent was stuck atop the car as Alvarado drove.
"Fearing for his life, he discharged his weapon to get the vehicle to stop," Scott said. No other agents fired.
Alvarado was declared dead at the scene, and the agent was taken to a hospital. His injuries were not clear.

Border Patrol agent fatally shoots California woman | Fox News

Tip of the day, don't try to use a law enforcement agent as a hood ornament on your vehicle.

~Border Patrol Agent Shoots & Kills Woman~

What's not to make sense. She tried to run him over, he shot her. That's justified IMO.

But why? Did they identify themselves as police? What happened before that? There are some factors in this that are strange to say the least.

So it would be justified if he identified himself as a police officer and was in uniform. But since he was in plain clothes, running him over and not stopping did not warrant the shot?

So it would be justified if he identified himself as a police officer and was in uniform. But since he was in plain clothes, running him over and not stopping did not warrant the shot?

Not necessarily but I was not there and neither were you and the story lacks more information that it actually provides. I don't know what went down there before that happened.

Some unanswered questions here:

How did the BA end up on the hood of the car?

Was the driver going about her own business and the agent stepped in front of her vehicle and ended on the hood?

Did the driver try to run the agent over and he ended on the hood?

After he was on the hood did he identify himself as LEO?

If he identified himself as LEO did she slow down or speed up?

What kind of time frame did this all take place?

This is suspect: " Hector Salazar, one of several neighbors who witnessed the incident, said he saw a man in civilian clothes on the hood of a black car aiming a gun at the windshield.
Salazar told U-T San Diego the man started pulling the trigger, and he heard about five shots."

If the car was going slow enough that the agent was staying on the hood by holding on with only 1 hand, wasn't it going slow enough for him to bail off without getting injured?

If the car was going slow enough for a neighbor to see the agent on the hood and count the number of shots, it presumably wasn't careening down the street at breakneck speeds?

Dunno... have to wait for the investigation results. But it does read like something went terribly wrong and this woman and her family has suffered for the failure.

Looking at the news and seeing a caved in windshield on the car that struck the agent, this was no casual bump and the car drove several hundred yards with the officer on the hood. If this was an armed civilian, and not LEO; the armed citizen would have had as much right as the agent did in defending him/her self. One thing is certain this is a tragedy and there are now several victims because of it.

Some unanswered questions here:

How did the BA end up on the hood of the car?

Was the driver going about her own business and the agent stepped in front of her vehicle and ended on the hood?

Did the driver try to run the agent over and he ended on the hood?

After he was on the hood did he identify himself as LEO?

If he identified himself as LEO did she slow down or speed up?

What kind of time frame did this all take place?

This is suspect: " Hector Salazar, one of several neighbors who witnessed the incident, said he saw a man in civilian clothes on the hood of a black car aiming a gun at the windshield.
Salazar told U-T San Diego the man started pulling the trigger, and he heard about five shots."

If the car was going slow enough that the agent was staying on the hood by holding on with only 1 hand, wasn't it going slow enough for him to bail off without getting injured?

If the car was going slow enough for a neighbor to see the agent on the hood and count the number of shots, it presumably wasn't careening down the street at breakneck speeds?

Dunno... have to wait for the investigation results. But it does read like something went terribly wrong and this woman and her family has suffered for the failure.

Correct, no one knows the particulars. But I'm sure if you or I got rolled up on someones hood and they continued to speed down the road, the ability to identify ourselves as a LEO or not isn't all that relative. Unless someone is blind, they should see that they hit and rolled someone up on their hood...in front of their face. Id frickin shoot too...what choice would anyone have?

Case happened here in Maine a couple months ago where a sheriffs deputy got his wrist watch caught on the interior of a vehicle trying to stop the driver from driving off and ignoring a lawful order. She dragged him down the road a ways and she stopped when he pulled his pistol and was going to shoot her. The Sheriff stated in a press release it would have been justified. The vehicle can be used as a deadly weapon and deadly force can be used to counter it.

Correct, no one knows the particulars. But I'm sure if you or I got rolled up on someones hood and they continued to speed down the road, the ability to identify ourselves as a LEO or not isn't all that relative. Unless someone is blind, they should see that they hit and rolled someone up on their hood...in front of their face. Id frickin shoot too...what choice would anyone have?

I would imagine the woman was in a panic one way or the other and when the gun came out ( or was already out) I imagine her level of panic rose higher, causing her to panic even more. There has to be some underlying issue with the woman. Like you said, someone on the hood would make me stop in a hurry, unless I was guilty of something (illegal alien?) and want to get away from the guy with the gun.

Case happened here in Maine a couple months ago where a sheriffs deputy got his wrist watch caught on the interior of a vehicle trying to stop the driver from driving off and ignoring a lawful order. She dragged him down the road a ways and she stopped when he pulled his pistol and was going to shoot her. The Sheriff stated in a press release it would have been justified. The vehicle can be used as a deadly weapon and deadly force can be used to counter it.

I can't tell you how many threads I've read in here that someone was saying "run the BG over with your car". Heck I've talked many a time with my wife about using the car as a defensive weapon in particular situations, so I'm not denying the danger the agent was in or the Sheriff in your example.

But those scenarios I think are different in that the agent on the hood could have gotten off, Would he have been hurt in the process? I can't say, there isn't enough detail about the incident. The sheriff in your example had no choice. He was connected to the car and couldn't get away even if he wanted to. I wonder if he changed to a different watch band?

I would imagine the woman was in a panic one way or the other and when the gun came out ( or was already out) I imagine her level of panic rose higher, causing her to panic even more. There has to be some underlying issue with the woman. Like you said, someone on the hood would make me stop in a hurry, unless I was guilty of something (illegal alien?) and want to get away from the guy with the gun.

I can't tell you how many threads I've read in here that someone was saying "run the BG over with your car". Heck I've talked many a time with my wife about using the car as a defensive weapon in particular situations, so I'm not denying the danger the agent was in or the Sheriff in your example.

But those scenarios I think are different in that the agent on the hood could have gotten off, Would he have been hurt in the process? I can't say, there isn't enough detail about the incident. The sheriff in your example had no choice. He was connected to the car and couldn't get away even if he wanted to. I wonder if he changed to a different watch band?

Yea...a break away type band would suit him better...

The woman's husband wants justice. He wants the officer who shot his wife to be shot and killed as well!
Nice statement to make to a news reporter!

One simple question back at you guys asking all the questions:

You don't stop when you got someone on YOUR windshield or hood?

If you did what this lady did, please turn in your CCW permits and weapons to the nearest LEO. You do not need to make life or death decisions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back