Body Size Affecting Concealment?

I'm 6'6" 305lbs. I've been skinnier.

I carry a Glock 30 in an IWB holster from AKJ Concealaco AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.
I also use Thunderwear when I have to buisness dress in a tucked in shirt. Gun Holsters Glock Holsters Concealment Holsters
I live in AZ but if you live in a cold climate try something like this Link Removed

Being retired law enforcement I will tell you that whatever mode of carry you decide, stick with it. If you use more than one mode of carry when the time comes to instinctively reach for your gun, it won't be there. Limit yourself to two locations at the most. UNLOAD your gun, and UNLOAD your magazines, then practice, practice, practice, etc., your draw.

Go a size larger on your pant, but also on your shirts. The shirt being too snug is what will give you the imprint, especially when you bend over.

If you are new to carrying a gun. STOP TOUCHING IT. If it is in a holster it will stay there. The biggest give away is unconsciously touching it to make sure it is secure.

Pay the extra money for a handmade holster made specifically for the gun you are carrying. I personnaly like the open top style for easy draw, and since the holster is molded to the specific gun it will hold it in place even upside down.

I hope this advice helps.

Last edited:
6'2" 270 here. I carry all the time.

After trying a number of holsters and listening to the my local gun store owner about how IWB was not the way to go. I tried a cheap Desantis IWB. I loved it. It's comfortable and does not print nearly as much as OWB.

I use IWB for both my PPK .380 and my M&P 9mm now. I wear a tee shirt tucked in to avoid skin irritation and a loose print shirt un-tucked and you would have to frisk me to know I'm carrying.

Ok...I've heard for y'all large guys...

What about us SMALL guys?

I'm 5'6" and 140 lbs... Carry a Baretta 96 when I can wear a vest or jacket...conceals ok.

PROBLEM is...in summer! I wear Western shirts and jeans and raise cattle... Jackets are not appropriate in summer and shirts not tucked in would be a dead giveaway given our rural area and my Western clothes.

Any ideas, suggestions??? Help??? LOL!

I carry a full-size 1911 in a strong side slide holster. In the summer, I've taken to wearing a vest for concealment. It conceals perfectly fine and I can get the weapon out fast if I need to. This might work for your Western state attire.

JJFlash

if I may i like to jump on this suggestion bus for us larger people. I am 5' 9" and 255lbs and carry a glock 19. I cannot find a comfortable holster. Right now I don' carry it to be honest because it's hard to conceal. The winter will be easy because I have been carry a para ordiance P13 in the winter just fine but forget it in the spring/summer time so, I bought this firearm the G19 so I can carry it mainly when lighter clothing is required. thanks

if I may i like to jump on this suggestion bus for us larger people. I am 5' 9" and 255lbs and carry a glock 19. I cannot find a comfortable holster. Right now I don' carry it to be honest because it's hard to conceal. The winter will be easy because I have been carry a para ordiance P13 in the winter just fine but forget it in the spring/summer time so, I bought this firearm the G19 so I can carry it mainly when lighter clothing is required. thanks

Barber Leather Works You won't be dissapointed.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Thanks, chroode I have already e-mailed the guy at Barber leather works waiting for a reply. I joined Glock world but, cannot start a new thread or even post a reply for that matter. Is there a waiting period before you can post? Any idea what they are selling for, I want a IWB. Thanks

What about us SMALL guys? I wear Western shirts and jeans and raise cattle... shirts not tucked in would be a dead giveaway given our rural area and my Western clothes.

Any ideas, suggestions??? Help??? LOL!

Running Bill, what part of Texas are you in? I have been around cowboys most my life and all around Texas (including the Alpine/Big Bend area, Odessa-Snyder-Denver City areas, Amarillo-Canyon area, and even Fort Worth), wore jeans, boots, and typically a long sleeved western style shirt with rolled up sleeves... I never tucked my shirt! There was the ocassional "church tuck" on a Sunday, but generally a jacket went along with that tuck!

I say, try a new look... set a new trend for your rural area and go with an un-tucked shirt! LOL! :)

Thanks, chroode I have already e-mailed the guy at Barber leather works waiting for a reply. I joined Glock world but, cannot start a new thread or even post a reply for that matter. Is there a waiting period before you can post? Any idea what they are selling for, I want a IWB. Thanks

Link Removed
Products made and ready to ship!

Right now I have availible and ready to ship:

2- Glock 19/23/32 RH Black w/clips
1- Glock 26/27/33 RH Black w/clips
1- Glock 30 RH Black w/clips
1- Colt 1911 Commander Black w/clips
1- Glock 21 RH Lt Brown w/clips

The above are $85 each with free shipping to the lower 48. Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico extra.
Overseas shipping is available please call or email for quote.

Ill try and keep this page as up to date as possible but please email to check for availability, Hurry they go fast!

Also i think it takes a couple of days to get your GlockTalk access.

Lose weight, be healthy, easier carry

I couldn't find anything that didn't print when I was 199 and 5'9". I lost 20 lbs and found some IWB holsters from Fist that would work. I lost another 10 lbs and found most all the IWB holsters I own (a bunch) would work particularly at 10 O'Clock or without the Crimson Trace at 1 or 2 O'Clock (naval is 12 O'Clock). Not only that but my pants all fit with the IWB (older pants even were big). That's with my Glock 26 and with my Glock 30.

I guess the lesson is get a little healthier and it's easier to carry. I lost by the Atkins diet (don't cheat even a little or you will gain) and walking and lately with Wi Fit which does an amazing job of tightening up the old bod.

i carry sob with an uncle mikes sidekick size 15. it is soft and holds the gun well unless i stand on my head. Both in a car or on a motorcycle it isn't bad although depending on the car seat it can push some.

knighted4

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back