Best handguns under $500

longslide10

Maybe, maybe not. What's your opinion? What's your list? I didn't see one revolver so I can't totally agree with WP however there were some on there I never would have considered and I think there are tons of others to consider. Anyone think of Canik or Sarsilmaz for example or maybe some from Beretta maybe or how about Ruger's LCR's for example and I know there are more Taurus models under 500.

Bang for your buck: Best handguns under $500 - Photos - Washington Times

Several of the Rock Island Armory 1911 models can be had for under $500.00. I bought my 9 MM Government Model for just $357.00 out the door. All steel, no plastic or Aluminum. A hell of a gun for the money. I would take it over any plastic Ruger.

I bought a Ruger P89 some 20 years ago that has never failed me. I also have a Walther P99 that I bought 10 years ago neither one will I part with. One I paid $300 for the other $350 Also have a 686 S&W revolver that I would not part with. These are the ones under $500 the rest are over like my Colt 1911.

I recently purchased a Taurus PT92, stainless $400 OTD. Say what you will about a Taurus, but I wanted one of these & liked this one more than the Beretta.
I've had it to the range 3 times now & it has been flawless. Shot a box of the cheap aluminum Federals from Walmart tonight. Good stuff.

Yep forgot about those RIA's. Them li'l Filipinos make a heck of a decent product for the money. Although it's not under 500.00 I have been wanting one of the FS or MS Tact II 10mm's to join my Delta Elite.

I recently purchased a Taurus PT92, stainless $400 OTD. Say what you will about a Taurus, but I wanted one of these & liked this one more than the Beretta.
I've had it to the range 3 times now & it has been flawless. Shot a box of the cheap aluminum Federals from Walmart tonight. Good stuff.

I think Taurus used to be crap but since the restructuring of management and their QC their guns have made a big turn around.

This article is titled the " Best" handguns under $500. Not every gun under $500. If your gun is not listed, it's because it was not rated the best by the group testing the guns. I have found over the years that everyone thinks their gun is the best, as to admit it isn't may make you look as though you either cannot afford the best or aren't intelligent enough to select the best. That being said, most any gun will kill you, no matter how crappy. It only has to fire. I don't know what the criterior for the ranking was, as it was not stated. I'm sure if you look at another "Best of" article they will list other guns. It's like car magazines, everyone is different on the same subject. So enjoy what you pack and don't think you have to buy another gun every time a new article comes out. Don't fall into that sales trap. And look at it this way, most people will not spend or cannot spend more that $500 on a gun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back