bersa 45 problems

getlost4x4

I have a bersa 45 acp ultra compact.

It's been a great gun. I carry it daily. I've never had a problem.

I broke it down today to clean it.

When I put it back together I pushes the slide release to drop the slide. When I dropped the slide the hammer dropped as well. It's not supposed to do that. It's a damn good thing that I didn't have a round chambered at that time.

I have feeling something is broken in the safety mechanism.

Does anyone have a manual for this gun and know where I can get those parts to repair it.

Thanks.

Something sounds...

..amiss.

First, if you're the original owner, you have a lifetime warranty on the pistol...contact Bersa sales for info as to where and how to get it repaired...

An AD would not have likely occured, even with a loaded chamber, as the trigger must be in the fully pulled position to unlock the firing pin.

If you go to the Bersa online forum, and post the same question, you'll get all the proper answers from folks who truly know the weapon. They also have a 'resident gunsmith' named Royce, who can put it back to like new condition for you very quickly.

Last....not to 'preach', but if you're using the slide release lever, to 'charge' the pistol, you're looking at further problems down the road...Use the 'slingshot' method (pull the slide to the rear, then release), and you're not putting excessive wear on the release lever.

In a combat situation, if you need that release lever for time expedience, then go for it.

Good Luck and Best Wishes,

FLc

Was the safety on when u let the slide go? That will cause the hammer to drop when you let the slide go. If you need more info (IMHO) i feel that Bersa Chat Forum - The Front Page is the place to go. Very educated people there with a vast array of knowledge on Bersa firearms.

The safety can only be engaged with the slide closed. It locks the slide and disengages the firing pin.

I bought the gun at cabelas. I'll give them a call.

Went to cabelas today. Took in my gun. They said they would fix it for free.

Now I'm weapons free for a week.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back