belt loop probs

DocCurt

I've been carrying my .357 Smith & Wesson on my belt. It actually tore a belt loop right off my jeans. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a weak loop. Was your belt tight enough. If not it forces the loop to carry all of the weight. Also high end designer jeans are not built as rugged or sewn as well.

Jason

Be sure to have a solid belt, preferably one designed for supporting the weight of a firearm and related gear. As for pants, be sure they're properly fitted and if necessary, take them to a tailor to get the belt loops reinforced as well as other stress points on the pants (like the inseams and crotch areas).

gf

I've been carrying my .357 Smith & Wesson on my belt. It actually tore a belt loop right off my jeans. Any suggestions?

had the same thing happen to me multiple times...I figured it was the cheap WalMart jeans I was buying :wacko:

Never had a problem with Carhartt jeans, and I carry large all steel guns. If the brand your buying has weak belt loops but you want to stay with that brand, Glock Fan has the right idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back