belly bank

Neal

Do any of you use belly bands as your primary means of carrying (especailly during the summer)? I tried one today when I carried for the first time. I liked the way it felt, but the band rubbed on my skin so if I am going to use this method for casual dress then I will need to wear an undershirt of something to make it even more comfortable.

Thanks,

Neal

i always wear an undershirt when i carry, i carry iwb though...kydex + skin + heat + movement = raw

but to answer your question, no, i don't have a belly band

Neal, I am new to CC and still exploring which guns and which holsters/carry methods work best for me. I bought a belly band about 3 weeks ago and have tried it a couple times with my Springfield XD-9sc. It was, so far the most comfortable method I have tried. I would definately wear an undershirt with it though. I am not allowed to carry at work, so I carry in my car and purse most of the time, but when I go out on my days off, I am using my belly band. The one I got has pockets for a gun & mag on each side, so I can decide how much and where I want to carry. The only problem I've had so far, is the pocket that the gun is supposed to go in is open on the bottom, and I accidentally had my spare mag in that slot... When I walked into a store, the mag fell out on the floor! Oops:fie:

I used one for a couple months. I work outside in the back of trucks all day (either loading or unloading by hand) and it doesn't need to get very warm outside before I start to sweat. Adding an undershirt and a 5" wide elastic band around my waist traps heat and absorbs sweat even more. Plus I really didn't care for the constant constriction around my waist.

I switched to a Kholster IWB. Granted, you would probably still want to wear an undershirt, although some people do not. But at least you don't have a band to trap heat and squeeze you all day. Plus the leather doesn't absorb sweat as much as elastic. Sooner or later I intend to buy a smaller gun and a pocket holster, but for now the Kholster is a happy medium.

So, if you spend most of your time in a climate controlled environment and don't mind the constriction, a belly band is versatile and cheap. Otherwise, you can find more comfortable options.

I have a belly band and I did not care for it if you want some thing like that you may want to try the shirt.
I have 2 of these a black one and a white one and they work well I even tried it to see how well it worked I carried a high point .45 and a .40
both at the same time and it worked very well and if you know any thing about high point they are rather large and pretty heavy the link is where I got mine but they sell the shirt lots of places.. you wear it as a under shirt and it is very comfortable just as a shirt it even soaks up the sweat..:pleasantry:

5.11 Holster Shirt V-Neck 40021 FREE S&H 40021-010-3XL, 40021-010-L, 40021-010-M, 40021-010-S, 40021-010-XL, 40021-010-XXL, 40021-019-3XL, 40021-019-L, 40021-019-M, 40021-019-S, 40021-019-XL, 40021-019-XXL.

$44.00 at this place Link Removed
you need to shop around

opplanet-511-40021.jpg

I could see that working, but WOW, $50?!

For a week's worth of shirts I could almost buy a smaller gun and a pocket holster.:biggrin:

Yea I know it is not cheap but is does work and it is very comfortable.
I said the same thing and I went and got 1 I liked it so much I got another one.

I have also been looking at belly bands. I have a choice of a 6" or 4" - do these curl up or ride up? And do they reduce the print?
Also what brand should I look at - have seen the ones I mentioned at Sportsmans Guide website.

The belly band that I use is actually 5". It also has an adjustable Thumb Break you can use or not. It doesn't curl or move. I got it at a local gun show, but the sticker on the bag says WRB 888-824-2899 Gun Barrel City, TX. I have a bad back, so I like the support of the band around my waist. :girl_wink: I think it reduces the print too.

The belly band that I use is actually 5". It also has an adjustable Thumb Break you can use or not. It doesn't curl or move. I got it at a local gun show, but the sticker on the bag says WRB 888-824-2899 Gun Barrel City, TX. I have a bad back, so I like the support of the band around my waist. :girl_wink: I think it reduces the print too.

thanks for the info, I looked at their website and they seem to have a better quality than I have seen elsewhere

Have one that I use more often in summer, and like the way it carries the gun, etc. No issues with it. Also good on a motorcycle. I also have the carry under-shirts.... and it moves around too much for me, and means another shirt to wear when it's hot.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playmatka
Back