Bad idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it's legal, why have it in the front yard? Aren't there other places on the property he can have it located? I tend to feel for the neighbors. Just because it's legal doesn't mean one should put it in the front yard. Here in my area I can walk outside and shoot as well. But I live in a forest, and my neighbors are few...

I am Pro-Gun but only if the gun owner is responsible. I didn't see anything responsible about a box framed in shipping skids and filled with beach sand in a residential neighborhood. I too, have neighbors who moved from the country into a subdivision in town and are too stupid to realize they can't live like they're in the boonies. Dogs on chains in the back yard barking all night, trash in the front yard, basketball games into the wee hours on the morning, redneck parties I hope they don't decide to do something like this here. When moving from the country to town, these people must be ready to make certain compromises in consideration of close neighbors or they shouldn't be allowed to come into the area. When I hear 4-wheeler races outside my bedroom window, I have no doubt who it is. I would like to see an ordinance passed where a LARGE percentage of neighbors could ban together and vote to ban activities and even evict non'responsible families from neighborhoods if they can't act civilized. The police are practically useless in this kind of situation because of response time and limited forces. This Brian Moyer sounds like one of these idiots. I'm a conservative and a libertarian and I believe my rights end at my property lines and I should be able to enjoy my property the way I want without dealing with noise or an occasional stray bullet. Tell the idiot to consider his neighbors or find a place in the country.

Here's the deal, for those to stupid to even begin to understand the controversy, my RIGHTS end at my property line. That means anything that I do that crosses over those lines is an infringement on my neighbors rights. That means noise or the occasional stray bullet. If my neighbors don't feel comfortable allowing their kids to play, on their own property, because I'm doing something irresponsible on my property which may endanger their safety, I AM WRONG. Even if I'm doing something that disturbs their ability to enjoy their property because of noise I AM WRONG. My rights end where their property lines begin. This guy just wants to be a sm*rt*ss and make everyone conform to him. If I lived next door I "might be" tempted to place something in that pile of sand that might ruin his day upon impact. Part of being civilized is compromise in consideration of the people we have to share our surroundings with. If your lifestyle doesn't fit the neighborhood, M-O-V-E, find somewhere you can enjoy that lifestyle without disturbing others. I am a conservative and a devout libertarian. I don't feel I have the right to tell anyone what they can or can't do as long as they don't infringe on my rights. A neighborhood is no place for target practice.

Even if I'm doing something that disturbs their ability to enjoy their property because of noise I AM WRONG. My rights end where their property lines begin.

So you are mowing your lawn at 2 pm on a Saturday afternoon and the guy next door yells out his window, "Cut that crap out! I'm trying to watch a ball game here and I can't hear a dang thing over your lawn mower!" Do your rights end?

I am Pro-Gun but only if the gun owner is responsible. I didn't see anything responsible about a box framed in shipping skids and filled with beach sand in a residential neighborhood. I too, have neighbors who moved from the country into a subdivision in town and are too stupid to realize they can't live like they're in the boonies. Dogs on chains in the back yard barking all night, trash in the front yard, basketball games into the wee hours on the morning, redneck parties I hope they don't decide to do something like this here. When moving from the country to town, these people must be ready to make certain compromises in consideration of close neighbors or they shouldn't be allowed to come into the area. When I hear 4-wheeler races outside my bedroom window, I have no doubt who it is. I would like to see an ordinance passed where a LARGE percentage of neighbors could ban together and vote to ban activities and even evict non'responsible families from neighborhoods if they can't act civilized. The police are practically useless in this kind of situation because of response time and limited forces. This Brian Moyer sounds like one of these idiots. I'm a conservative and a libertarian and I believe my rights end at my property lines and I should be able to enjoy my property the way I want without dealing with noise or an occasional stray bullet. Tell the idiot to consider his neighbors or find a place in the country.
Translation: I think I know what rights are but I dont, and here is the proof, blah blah blah, I only like it when people do things the way I want them to, blah blah blah.....

Here's the deal, for those to stupid to even begin to understand the controversy, my RIGHTS end at my property line. That means anything that I do that crosses over those lines is an infringement on my neighbors rights. That means noise or the occasional stray bullet. If my neighbors don't feel comfortable allowing their kids to play, on their own property, because I'm doing something irresponsible on my property which may endanger their safety, I AM WRONG. Even if I'm doing something that disturbs their ability to enjoy their property because of noise I AM WRONG. My rights end where their property lines begin. This guy just wants to be a sm*rt*ss and make everyone conform to him. If I lived next door I "might be" tempted to place something in that pile of sand that might ruin his day upon impact. Part of being civilized is compromise in consideration of the people we have to share our surroundings with. If your lifestyle doesn't fit the neighborhood, M-O-V-E, find somewhere you can enjoy that lifestyle without disturbing others. I am a conservative and a devout libertarian. I don't feel I have the right to tell anyone what they can or can't do as long as they don't infringe on my rights. A neighborhood is no place for target practice.

Link Removed

This is a typical example of another idiot that has no consideration for neighbors. A want-a-be bully that thinks he can do anything he wants and **** everybody else. The first time someone does something he doesn't like, he'll be the first one over the fence, idiot.

This is a typical example of another idiot that has no consideration for neighbors. A want-a-be bully that thinks he can do anything he wants and **** everybody else. The first time someone does something he doesn't like, he'll be the first one over the fence, idiot.

Son...(or mam?),
I am a free man. I don't live my life based on what other people think I should be allowed to do on my own land, or in any other aspect of my life.
I am not here on this earth to bend like a reed to your desire.

You want to dictate morals to others?
Guess what? Mind your own business.

Link Removed

....This guy's lack of common sense, and lack of common courtesy for his neighbors, ia stunning......noise ordinances, or laws regarding discharging a firearm within city limits, would outlaw his stupidity.
I understand where you're coming from, and it's obvious you have good intentions. But you should try to understand the principles other people see in what you're saying, and then maybe you'll understand the perception better. You're making generalized statements that laws are necessary or needed, and the problems you're citing to justify that need are common sense, common courtesy or stupidity. Now if you stop to think for a moment, it isn't difficult to understand why people would be opposed to an attempt to legislate common sense, courtesy or stupidity. Like I said, it's obvious you have good intentions, so I seriously doubt that's how you intended to come across. But looking at it in that light, maybe you can understand a bit better some of the resistance you've gotten here. No one here wants to jeopardize the safety of any neighborhood, and nobody wants to limit rights unnecessarily, but sometimes we don't communicate our arguments as well as we'd like. A little more understanding on both sides might help a little bit.

A very well thought out and eloquent post.
I see your point sir.

I agree with Rhino too. Most of our laws, rules and other edits come from someone being a total jerk or being stupid. There are enough stupid and inane laws already. Some of them were passed or enacted with "good" intentions but have been corrupted from the original intent.

I guess I would go and try to talk to the guy but sometimes that is a waste of time because some people do NOT want to be neighbors. Then I would tell him that if I ever saw a moving van pull up to his house when I knew he was away I would just pull up a chair and watch them load up all his stuff and not call the police or anything!

...Then I would tell him that if I ever saw a moving van pull up to his house when I knew he was away I would just pull up a chair and watch them load up all his stuff and not call the police or anything!
With your favorite adult beverage of course.

When moving from the country to town, these people must be ready to make certain compromises in consideration of close neighbors or they shouldn't be allowed to come into the area. When I hear 4-wheeler races outside my bedroom window, I have no doubt who it is. I would like to see an ordinance passed where a LARGE percentage of neighbors could ban together and vote to ban activities and even evict non'responsible families from neighborhoods if they can't act civilized. The police are practically useless in this kind of situation because of response time and limited forces. This Brian Moyer sounds like one of these idiots. Tell the idiot to consider his neighbors or find a place in the country.
Shouldn't be allowed? To do things that are perfectly legal? Evict a person from the property they bought with a lifetime of hard work? Enjoy your property the way YOU want?
Here's your options:
1. Lobby for ordinances forbidding certain activities.
2. Move to the country to get the privacy you crave.

If I lived next door I "might be" tempted to place something in that pile of sand that might ruin his day upon impact. Part of being civilized is compromise in consideration of the people we have to share our surroundings with. If your lifestyle doesn't fit the neighborhood, M-O-V-E, find somewhere you can enjoy that lifestyle without disturbing others. A neighborhood is no place for target practice.
Then you'd be the criminal. He's violating no law. Even saying such a thing is nuts. If YOUR lifestyle doesn't fit the neighborhood you have free will. Get the law changed, move or suck-it-up. Either way stop complaining :stop: :nono:

BTW, if he works at UPS I bet you he will not understand why they would drop him too.

I work for UPS. They don't let us carry. Wish I could have a couple years ago when a guy jumped on my rig and tried to choke me at a stop light.

Sent from my Xoom using USA Carry mobile app

It amazes me that people who are so hellbent on exercising their "rights" are the ones dumbfounded and left crying and wondering why our rights keep getting infringed. Keep giving the libtards more ammo and reason to tread on us. There's a fine line between reason and stupidity. But unfortunately most people these days are too blurry eyed to see it. That guy building that rickety-ass sand pile for a gun range probably would be one of the first to complain if some thug rappers moved in next door and wanted to have open mic night every week in THEIR front lawn. Common sense and respect. 2 words Websters will be taking out of the dictionary very soon. It's becoming extinct.

It amazes me that people who are so hellbent on exercising their "rights" are the ones dumbfounded and left crying and wondering why our rights keep getting infringed. Keep giving the libtards more ammo and reason to tread on us. There's a fine line between reason and stupidity. But unfortunately most people these days are too blurry eyed to see it. That guy building that rickety-ass sand pile for a gun range probably would be one of the first to complain if some thug rappers moved in next door and wanted to have open mic night every week in THEIR front lawn. Common sense and respect. 2 words Websters will be taking out of the dictionary very soon. It's becoming extinct.
It amazes me that those like you who THINK they know something about rights, dont have the foggiest idea what RIGHTS are.... Why are your type so scared of others exercising their RIGHTS ? I bet it is because you all think that others can take away those rights..... and so you try and hide them, put them in a closet..... You people are very blind and ignorant to put it nicely.... I bet that if some azzhole do get some "law" passed to take away firearms, YOUR KIND will be first in line to hand them in.....

Heres a little heads up on what OUR SIDE (the ones who know what rights really are, and WHY we have them) knows.... You try to come for OUR RIGHTS, WE WILL KILL YOU...... We arent scared little puzzies like your kind are..... We dont care if we scare the pants off liberals, because liberals arent where our RIGHTS come from....

Yes, be considerate, and ALWAYS be safe, but hide our rights and try not to scare the liberal idiot weenies???? never.

Also, RESPECT is not earned by backing up every time some liberal wants yet another infringement...... RESPECT is earned by knocking them on their azzes so they will never try that again...

Why is it so hard for these people to understand. Your rights end where my begin and my rights end where yours begins, duh.

If I was a neighbor on the other side of the berm, I'd ask him permission to use it as well...from the other side. Nothing like a free range setup!

It would be awesome to shoot out of a 2nd story balcony! VP Biden's wife could use some practice, and not waste ammo!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back