Bad Bullet?

RugerP345

I bought me 4 boxes of Magtech first defense 45 ACP today. One of the bullets is missing a chunk about the size of a pea on the side. I guess it's a throw away? I assume it would wobble like a banana going down the barrel?

I'd get in touch with magtech. All the ammunition companies I've dealt with over the years are very concerned about quality control. They may send you something in return, maybe not. They'll need the lot number. I recently had an issue with one company and they sent me two boxes for the one problem item.

I'd get in touch with magtech. All the ammunition companies I've dealt with over the years are very concerned about quality control. They may send you something in return, maybe not. They'll need the lot number. I recently had an issue with one company and they sent me two boxes for the one problem item.
Call or email or write magtech, offer to send the offending bullet, or at least a photo.

I agree with these guys. Companies love to hear about a problem before it becomes a big problem and damages their reputation.

I got some free pizza from one of the frozen pizza makers for reporting an issue I had. Maybe you'll get some free ammo. :)

I'd keep the box in tact, and not use any ammo from that box or any other box with the same lot number. Contact Magtech and let them know what you discovered. I've had issues with their ammo in the past (got a box of squibs). They're really easy to work with. They sent me a box with a pre-addressed UPS shipping label. I packed up the offending boxes of ammo into the box they provided, took it to UPS, filled out a bunch of forms after answering a bunch of questions and that was it. About 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail thanking me for bringing a "production issue" to their attention along with a letter to take to my local gun shop to pick up replacement ammo. When I got to the gun shop, the owner told me that he got a call from Magtech giving him a heads up that I was coming by. They replaced all of my ammo (5 boxes of various calibers) and authorized me to pick up 2 more boxes of the ammo of my choice.

Things happen when products are mass produced. Even with various stages of CQ, some defects are bound to slip by. I'm glad that Magtech took responsibility for what happened and made things right. Considering that things could have been a lot worse (bulged barrel, blown up gun, etc.), a few boxes of ammo is a small price to pay for them. Replacing my ammo and hooking me up with a couple of extra boxes may have been a minor expense to them, but made a HUGE impact on how I perceive them as a company and how they do business. I've had similar experiences with CCI Blazer. Different problem, but similar customer service experience.

Hope all goes well and you get the issue settled.

gf

Sounds like we have all had similar experiences. Good customer relations, especially in such a small industry as this, is not only good morally but good business.

I sent an email to the customer service to give them a heads-up on that lot number.
Got an email back that they were gonna send me a replacement box for my trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back