ATTENTION ALL CCW OHIOANS..NEED ADVICE..Coming to Cincinatti and will be carrying!!!!

QuePsiPhiSmkr

I will be coming to Cincinatti,Ohio and staying at a hotel for a week. I am bringing my 1911 with me. There is a picnic at Mt. Echo Park that I need to attend. Is there anything or laws that I need to be aware of in the city regarding my CCW?????...Thanks for your wisdom and help!!!!

I'm from Kansas but saw a video on USACarry home page of the guy that had the CCW. My advice would be to declare your weapon first and foremost!!!

Ohio State law/Statutes trumps all City and County rules/regulations... There is another way to say that, but I cant think of it at the moment....

In OH, if you interact with a cop for "official" purposes, and have a permit AND you are armed at the time, you need to notify the cop that you 1. have a permit to carry, and 2, that you are currently armed, I suggest strongly doing it in that order! lol

You can carry concealed in any city or county park..... However, if there is a building there that is normally occupied during working hrs by staff, it is more than likely (read IS) off limits to carrying a firearm in. That would be something like a park rangers office, places like that.... but restrooms, picnic shelters and such are ok to carry in.

Also stay away from School zones........ and anywhere that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises.., the law fixing that still isnt in affect..., so no restaurant carry if they sell alcohol!

Have fun in Ohio, although I am not sure that will be possible in Cincinnati.....

Ohio State law/Statutes trumps all City and County rules/regulations... There is another way to say that, but I cant think of it at the moment....

Have fun in Ohio, although I am not sure that will be possible in Cincinnati.....

Axe: From all the things we have been reading about Ohio LEOs of late, I'm not sure I could enjoy a trip to anywhere in the state. That one LEO in Canton seemed to be rather rabid and looking for someone to make an example of. It is a shame that one has to worry about serious consequences from visiting any state but I won't be going anywhere like that. Maybe the Ohio Tourism Board should meet with the municipal and state law enforcement officials and explain how they are negatively inmpacting travel there.

Oldgrunt, you arent going to believe this, (coming from me), but .............. no arguments here, lol

I have had a few run-ins with the local cops in my area in the past because of my open carrying.... they were ignorant of the law, but even if they don't like it, they are abiding by it for now anyway... But my area is VERY rural compared to Canton and SinCity (Cincinnati)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back