ATF requires you to have a domicile?

How big is your state that you need an ICBM to hit an invader within your border?

In fact, how many States even have ICBMs under state, not Federal, launch authority?
No ICBMs; just whatever the SC Air National Guard can deploy from their F-16 and A-10 aircraft.

No ICBMs; just whatever the SC Air National Guard can deploy from their F-16 and A-10 aircraft.
As protected weapons, the State has to demonstrate a 'compelling need' to restrict or ban them. The State has. Just as hand grenades ARE militia weapons but the State has demonstrated a 'compelling interest' in banning them.

If those weapons weren't protected then the State would never have needed to justify a restriction.

...Instead we allowed the government to bypass the Constitution and pass unconstitutional laws to deal with the situation.
There are certainly many unconstitutional laws on the books.

The ban on nukes isn't one of them.

Please try not to troll threads about buying handguns with talk of weapons of mass distruction in the future.

Please try not to troll threads about buying handguns with talk of weapons of mass distruction in the future.

I'm sorry, did someone promote you to a moderator and I missed the ceremony? Nope, I went and looked. I'll post whatever I care to post within the rules of this forum.

I'm sorry, did someone promote you to a moderator and I missed the ceremony? Nope, I went and looked. I'll post whatever I care to post within the rules of this forum.
You don't have to be a mod to ask someone not to troll. I was hoping to explore this idea of using a gun trust to buy firearms from an FFL but you and a couple others don't seem to care about gun ownership. Which Brady chapter did you say you worked for?

To anyone interested in discussing the use of alternative adresses, I just found this related article: What if the Newspaper Exposed Your Address? - USA Carry

You don't have to be a mod to ask someone not to troll. . .

To anyone interested in discussing the use of alternative adresses, I just found this related article: What if the Newspaper Exposed Your Address? - USA Carry
I apologize for getting off track, Blue.

It's my understanding of forum etiquette that thread creators can informally "moderate" their own threads, too, by requesting posters stay on topic. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm actually more interested in your original topic. It's something I never thought about before. So many services we get (not just ATF) require a physical address, so it is a question of how someone who is mobile can work around that. Good topic question.

I've been looking over sample documents for gun trusts and while I see the blocks for the trustee's address, I see no special terminology (what my battalion's JAG refers to "magical language" lol) such as "resident address". I realize the common definition of "residence address" is where you live, but trusts don't live anywhere.

Though I admit I've been looking at sample documents, not the real thing.

Do trusts require one to report where the items will be phisicaly kept?

I've been looking over sample documents for gun trusts and while I see the blocks for the trustee's address, I see no special terminology (what my battalion's JAG refers to "magical language" lol) such as "resident address". I realize the common definition of "residence address" is where you live, but trusts don't live anywhere.

Though I admit I've been looking at sample documents, not the real thing.

Do trusts require one to report where the items will be phisicaly kept?
Any kind of a trust probably requires a lawyer specializing in them to set up, especially to make it airtight.

So I'm looking at https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/files/2015/02/ATF_5320.1-2016-withinfo.pdf, and it wants "address where firearms are stored".

Even when I still had a phisical address, my gun was either on me or in my car's lockbox due to foster kids.

Cars don't have addresses, so it seems I'm also blocked from owning NFA items. So much for getting a silencer.

You likely already know that there is a MAJOR nut roll of paperwork to take an NFA item across state lines, so that might not fit into your working life at this time.

You likely already know that there is a MAJOR nut roll of paperwork to take an NFA item across state lines, so that might not fit into your working life at this time.
Yeah, true. Turns out when push came to shove all those 'cold dead hands' were nowhere to be found, and so now we have this beurocratic nightmare.

But what of non-nfa items in a trust? Do I have to report the address of where non-nfa items will be kept?

So I'm at an FFL right now trying to sell a gun, and the clerk isn't sure she can buy my gun because I have an out-of-state license.

...and of course her supervisor is out for the week....and of course he isn't answering when she calls him....

Does it never end....

"Blueshell" just reported me with the SAME sentence!
He literally used the exact same sentence too!
He literally did that like five minutes ago too!

Does this person not understand how a "discussion" works?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I'm looking at https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/files/2015/02/ATF_5320.1-2016-withinfo.pdf, and it wants "address where firearms are stored".

Even when I still had a phisical address, my gun was either on me or in my car's lockbox due to foster kids.

Cars don't have addresses, so it seems I'm also blocked from owning NFA items. So much for getting a silencer.
Man, it almost seems like you need to buy one of those "tiny" houses just to establish a residence somewhere.

So I finally got the gun sold, but get this...while I was waiting, another customer wznted to buy a gun, and when handed the form 4473 he says "I don't have to do paperwork because I have a CCW".

WTF seriously? I don't think people are paying attention in those permit classes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back